Petyr Baelish X Baratheon!Reader - Say My Name

A/N - This chapter is loosely based on the song 'Say My Name' from the Beetlejuice musical. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had spent your entire life in arguments with your father. From day one you had wailed at him when he held you, and thrashed your tiny fists in an attempt to squirm away from him. No one could ever figure out what it was that had made you so opposed to being in his company. And then you had gotten older, and your father had grown bitter at your sharp tongue. It was as if the universe was constantly pulling you apart, and neither of you was strong enough to truly fight against it. 

This evenings fight had been the same as all of the others you'd been having for the last year. He'd demanded you choose a husband, and you had told him no. It wasn't a word he was such a fan of, and when it came to you it riled him up something terrible. It seemed that this time it was just one 'no' too far, and he'd finally snapped, deciding that you would marry a man of his choosing. Your free will was gone, and you were destined to marry some man you had never met. 

It was after your fight that'd you'd made your way up to the top of the Red Keep. When you were younger it had been a sanctuary, completely deserted, and quiet. But now it just felt like you'd been forced into isolation, all of the people milling around like ants in the world far below you. You took a deep breath, shifting forward a step to look out of the window.

"You look like you could use a friend, Princess." The voice startled you, a soft yelp flitting out from between your lips as you quickly span to look at the man standing behind you.  

"Baelish," you uttered, clearing your throat as you brushed your hair back out of your face. "Is there something I can help you with?" 

Baelish shook his head, moving around the room in slow, elegant strides. "As I said, you looked like you could use some company," he murmured, swiping the dust from a seat before settling down into it. 

"You were watching me?" You paused for a moment, watching as he gave a short nod. "Why?" 

He shrugged slightly, tilting his head to the side as he studied you. "I've been watching you for quite some time, Princess. I've see the way your father hurts you-" 

"He doesn't hurt me," you interrupted, a frown etched deep onto your lips as you kept your distance from the man in front of you. You had heard rumours of Littlefinger in the past. He was conniving, and ambitious in a way most men could only dream of being, and here he was in front of you, clearly wanting something from you. 

"Not physically, no," he uttered, releasing a soft sigh. "But he's getting older, Princess, and old men can become unpredictable."

You ran your tongue over your teeth as you glanced away from him, his words swirling in your mind. "And what would you have me do to protect myself?"

"You could replace him, you know? Rule the Seven Kingdoms yourself." 

You swallowed around the lump forming in your throat, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip. "He wouldn't just hand it over," you murmured, forcing yourself forward a few steps, closing the distance between you slightly. "Not to any of his children; definitely not to me." 

"Maybe we don't ask." You locked eyes with him, holding his gaze for a moment. "All you have to do is say the word." 

"And what word would that be?" you started, your voice low as you took another step towards him. 

"You know what I'm saying, Y/N. There's no need to act so dim." 

"You want me to plot to murder my own father? Are you insane?" you spat at him, reeling back a few steps. "How stupid do you think I am?" 

"I think you're a lot smarter than they think, and I think you'll be a much better leader than your father ever has been." 

A small smile pulled at your lips at his comment, and you nodded slightly. "I agree," you uttered, straightening out your skirts. "You know, I may be young, and I may be a woman, but I'm not as easily led as you seem to think I am." 

Baelish stood, his brow furrowing. "I am not trying to mislead you, Princess-"

"You followed me here to persuade me to betray my own father, just like you've been following me everywhere since I first came of age," you interrupted, leaning your back against the stone wall and crossing your arms across your chest. "You intended to marry me, and then you intended to have me plot to murder the King. And then my brothers. And then, when I became Queen, you would rule the Seven Kingdoms by proxy." A small chuckle bubbled out of you when you glanced up at him, meeting his eyes. "But you underestimated me, didn't you?" 

"You've got a very vivid imagination-"

"I went to my father the moment I noticed your little birds following me. Turns out they aren't as loyal as you thought." You gave a small shrug. "Give them a few coins and they're happy to switch sides." 

Baelish ran his tongue over his teeth. "The voices of a few street urchins will never hold up against me." 

"I know everything."

"You're a woman constantly at odds with the King. Perhaps it was you that was conspiring to kill your father, and you came to me looking for help. I, of course, the loyal man I am, went straight to King Robert with the information you'd given me." He paused for a moment. "Who do you think they would listen to? The master of coin, or the bratty daughter who's gotten frustrated with being told no?" You swallowed as he took another step towards you, flinching away when he leant in close to you. "Let me get rid of him and I'll make you a Queen." 

A small chuckle fell out of you at that. "How are you going to do that when you're dead?" Baelish reared back slightly, staring down at your with confusion written clear on your face. "Like a lamb to slaughter," you added, shoving him away from you and striding over to the door, pulling it open to reveal your father standing behind it with a face like thunder. "I told you not to trust him," you muttered in your father's direction, watching as the guards made their way into the room, taking hold of Baelish. 

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x