Sandor Clegane X Reader - It's All Coming Back

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now' by Celine Dion. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Where are you going?" Those words had been one of the last things Sandor had wanted to hear, especially from you. He had hoped that if he had attempted to leave in the middle of the night you would sleep right on through his escape plan and wake up a little dazed without him. Sure, you would be hurt, there was no avoiding that, but you wouldn't have suffered through the awkward explanations and apologies that were so common in the ending of a relationship. 

"To my chambers," he uttered into the dark, not risking the glance back at you. If he saw you now there would be no leaving. You would look all sleepy and innocent, and he would crawl straight back into bed beside you until you both fell asleep. "I have to be up early in the morning."

You practically whined at his comment, and he could hear you shifting under the covers as you moved into the space he had just been occupying, bathing in the warmth he had left behind. "Can't you just go from here?"

"No, Sweetness; not tonight." 

He could tell you were pouting without ever having to look at you. It was your go to move when you wanted something from now, and in this moment, you were desperate for him to come back to bed. "Please, Sandy," you uttered.

Suddenly, it was as though his resolve had slipped away, and he was turning back to you with a soft smile, crossing the room and kneeling at the side of the bed. He lifted a hand, brushing your hair back out of your face and pressing a gentle kiss to your lips. "I can't tonight," he uttered as he pulled away, his thumb drifting over your bottom lip for just a second. 

"Fine," you murmured, shifting back and out of his grip, snuggling back down under the covers. "But the day after I expect you to be here when I wake up."

Sandor's smile faded for just a second, and then he nodded, patting your leg through the covers. "Whatever you say, sweetheart." 

*Time Skip*

You had woken up the next morning as though nothing had happened, going about your business as usual, until you had heard the first murmurings in court. 

"Apparently the Hound has gone missing," the first woman had uttered, leaning closer to her friend as she continued to gossip and piquing your interest. "Ran off in the middle of the night with nothing but the clothes on his back and his horse." 

Her friend chuckled at the comment, shaking her head. "Who can blame him? I would run away too if I looked like that."

"He even left Y/N behind. She must have finally got some sense and told him to leave."

You wanted to hit them. To strike them over and over until they admitted that they were lying. Sandor would never have left without you, let alone without telling you. There was no way that the rumours could be true. 

Gathering your skirts, you got to your feet, making a hasty exit from court. Upon reaching the door to Sandor's chambers you hesitated. You had been inside so many times before, and yet you had never been so nervous to step over the threshold. Taking a deep breath, you lifted your hand to knock on the door, waiting for only a second before pushing the door open. 

The room was pristine, and if you hadn't been looking for the minuscule changes you wouldn't have noticed them. The letters you had written for him when you'd first met were gone from their spot on the table. The sheets on the bed were perfectly made, untouched from the night before. 

You crossed the room, pulling open a trunk and releasing a deep shaking breath. His clothes were gone, every single shirt had disappeared over night, just like he had. It seemed the ladies in court had been wrong about that, at least. Sure, he had abandoned you in the middle of the night, but he had taken much more than just the clothes on his back.