~26~

Avalon

        It's been one night and I'm starting to feel funny. I been having a shortness in breath, and coughing up blood, it'd gross. I hope nothing's wrong with me. I would say something to Chres but I don't want his bitch to accuse me and thinking I'm making this stuff up.  My phone went off just as I reached for it, it was mom. Why was she calling me?

"Hello?"

"Hey, Avalon," she sighed. "How are things with Chres?" I sighed. I could go better, I mean, Jacob's still in the way but I'm working on it. 

"It could go better.." I sighed.

"Does he know about the kids?" she asked. I nodded, even thought she couldn't see it. "Yes, but Jacob's telling him that the kids aren't his."

"Well....they aren't his anyway." I rolled my eyes. "Who side are you on?"

"I'm on no one's side, look, you shouldn't be doing this, I already lost my son cause of you." Lost him? was she joking?

"How did I make you loose your son?"

"The shit you pulled," she snarled. "All this crap. I thought I'd never see you again and you just pop up and you just have to have Chres, right? he's your brother, family. Not a lover."

I didn't care what she said, all I knew was, I loved him way more then just a brother and I can't help it.

"Whatever, why did you call? just to throw this in my face? your no innocent either. You kept me a secret from him until now, he hates you too y'know?" she sighed. "I know that but that's not the point, what matters is you! you can't love somebody this way."

"Whatever, mom." I hung up the phone and walk out my room in search for something to eat. I haven't been eating alot since...well my little strange sickness. Jacob was there eating cereal and I gagged. I didn't even wanna see his face.

"Thinking of new lies to tell?" he asked. I gape at him. "That's none of your business, your just upset cause you'll have to share Chres with me and his kids." he frowned.

"Oh their not his kids." he smirked. I smirked back. Feeling clever, are we?

"Says who?"

"Me!" I laughed. "Chres isn't gonna believe you." Just as I said his name, Chres was on his way down the stairs...and with no shirt. Mmm.

"Morning, everyone." he smiled. Jacob just rolled his eyes looking all stink and I gave Chres a warm smile.

"Morning, so what movie do you wanna see?"

"Movie?" Jacob gasped. "What movie?"

"Oh, I thought we could all go out to a movie or something to ease the tension." Chres walked over to Jacob to greet him with a kiss on the cheek to which he rejected. If that were me, I'd do more then just a simple peck.

"I'm not going." Jacob took his bowl of cereal and walked into the living room with his kids. Chres sighed. "Well I guess it will be just you, me and the kids I guess.."

"Do you think they would wanna come?" I asked. "I mean, your kids have to deal with a lot. I mean Arianna has that baby."

"Yeah I know," he sighed. "Were still working on talking with that boys parents."

"Is she keeping it?"

"No, I don't like abortions but...we just can't afford to be grandparents right now. Too soon, she's only sixteen and still in school." I'd ask about the boys but who cares?

"Well, you and...I could still go together.." I smiled. He looked at me and smiled back. "Alright." Yes! finally, a night with Chresanto all to myself. My breathing gotten heavy, so I took a seat and relax. Odd, it's not like I ran anywhere. Chres frowned and sat beside me. "You good?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired that's all."

That night came and I was getting ready for my date. Yes, I said 'date'. I was having that same breathless feeling again, what's going on? maybe I needed water, that's all. I grabbed a water bottle to take with me and headed downstairs to where Chres was...arguing it up with the bitch king.

"I don't want you going out with her." He whined. Baby.

"I offered for you to come but-"

"I wasn't going anywhere with her." he growled. I cleared my throat signaling them that I was there. "What do you want?" Jacob spat at me.

"Jacob, please." Chres sighed. "Jacob, please what? I don't wan you doing out with her."

"Well it's too late for that," I smirked. "Don't wait up." Jacob growled at me as Chres and I walked out the house and into his car.

"So, you ready?" he asked. I nodded. "Yup." we drove for about half an hour and soon ended up at the theater. We were going to see 'The Wedding Ringer' Funny movie, I loved Kevin Hart.

"Want something?" Chres asked me, pulling out his money." I forget, we work together.

"Just popcorn and...a cola." he nodded and went to go get the foods while I got the tickets. I showed the tickets to the ticket guy and went forward to the theater that we were going to. We finally got our seats and waited for the movie to start.

"This was a nice idea," I said to Chres. "Thanks," I heard him chuckle. "Yeah, it would be better if everyone else was here. "I rolled my eyes and touched his hand and looked at him, even thought the lights were off. "I'm here, we can still have fun." I could tell he smiled too. I turned my head to the screen and watched the movie.

After the movie, I was in tears. Kevin Hart is a fool.

"That movies was hilarious," Chres laughed. "Oh man, I needed that."

"Yeah, I know...Jacob giving you  hard time and all...and the other women, what's her name?"

"I don't really wanna talk about that." I respect that, I don't even know why I brought that up in the first place. I suddenly felt a pain in my stomach, the pain was unbearable. God, it was practically killing me. 

"Avalon? what's wrong?" Chres asked. I couldn't answer him, all I saw..was black.