~5~

Chresanto

                  "That doesn't mean were giving him to you Adalyenn." I said. I was talking to her on the phone about coming here and seeing Deme.

"But he's my son, not yours." She said.

"Maybe so, but who been there for him when he needed a family? Huh? Who was there? It was me and Jacob! Not you!"

"...Look, I was unfit I'll admit it but- but I deserve to have him."

"I don't think so...I still think your not fit to have him live with you."

"Why don't you let him decided, stop making desicions for him."

"He's only 11 what desicions can he make alone?" I was getting irritated with this girl. You can't talk to her.

"Look, just be here by 7:30 before he goes to school." I hung up and sighed as I went to bed. Jacob was already up and about getting things ready for the kids.

"Want something to eat baby?" Jacob asked walking in with food. I didn't really feel like eating but..I was hungry.

"Thanks baby."

"So is she coming over?" He asked. I nodded.

"She wants to take Deme Jacob, I can't let her do that."

"I know but Deme wants to see her," He sighed. "Nothing we can do but give him what he wants on this."

Later on when things got more lighter outside I got ready for looking for any cooking jobs around.

"So moms really coming today dad?" Deme asked.

"Uh yup she is son." I said.

"I can't wait to see her!" I saw his face light up when he talks about his mother. I feel so bad that I'm keeping this secret from him. He will never forgive me. The time for Adalyenn to arrive has come and the doorbell rang as if on cue. Jacob opened the door.

"I see your still looking ugly." She spat at Jacob.

"Bitch I will-" I pulled Jacob away before anything else could happen.

"So where is he?" She asked.

"In the kitchen, stay there and I'll get him." Jacob rolled his eyes. Secondss later Jacob brought Deme out and the rest was history.

"..Mom..?" Deme gasped as he looks at this woman.

"Yes baby, it's me." Deme started at her like she was a monster. He had no movment.

"Well can I get a hug?" She asked. Deme walked up to her and hugged her.

"We have some catching up to do baby boy."

"Yeah," Deme agreed. "How 'bout after school?"

"Perfect. I'll come back and get him." She looked at me. I gave her a look back and showed her to the door.

"Can't wait!" Deme cheered.

"Um get your things Deme, it's time to go." Jacob said. Deme ran up to his room to get his things.

"You know you guys are gonna have to tell him, right?" We look to see Alianna.

"Alianna this has nothing-" She cut me off.

"I know it doesn't but I can't just sit here and let things go on like this any longer." Alianna was there to see it all. It was hard trying to tell her about the things that was going on when she was younger and I knew this would take hold of her as she got older.

"I can't live with this drama..all this shit I been through."

"Watch your mouth!" I snapped.

"No I will not, for the past years I been a victim of this, you think I'm gonna forget, that boy has caused nothing but drama for us, Me and Omari was tied down..remember that mommy?" She looked at Jacob. "When you were with that Craig guy? And there was guns and everything? And you guys went to jail and gradma August had to bail you out..I can't take this anymore just give Deme to that bitch!" She was in tears right now. I hate seeing my girl like this.

"Baby..." Jacob went to hug her but she pulled away grabbing her bag.

"I'm going to school." She walks out slamming the door. Jacob sighed.

"Well, I'mma take the kids to school." Jacob got the boys and walk outide to the car while I was the only one in the house. I sighed and headed out the door and locking it behind me. I was on my search to find a cooking carrer. I came across red lobster. Hm maybe I can work here. I walked in and asked someone if they needed help. I asked a lady by the entrance counter.

"Hello, My name is Chresanto and I was asking if there was any help needed here?" The lady looked at me with wide eyes which was kina weird. Like she hasn't seen me in years.

"Um..hello?" I asked.

"Oh why yes," She said. "We do need another cook here but you will need to ask a few questions." I nodded.

"Ok when do I start?" I asked.

"You can come by again by wednesday." She said. Once again she looked at me ina way as if she was trying to figure out who I was. I made my way out and ran in my car and was off to my other job. I would go to quit but..can't be that positive that I would get the job. But that girl..she was starring at me so intently. What gives?