Scottie

I was hanging out with Emmi when I got a text from Dean. We were getting ready to leave to head back to University. My face must have said it all because Emmi became immediately concerned.  

                  “Scott, what’s up?” She looked at me with concern in her eyes.

                  “I just got this text from Dean. I just don’t know what could be that important?” I looked at Emmi worried.

                  “I’m sure it’s nothing. See, he put ‘Love you’ at the end. It can’t be anything bad if he still put that. Want me to ask Brandon?” Emmi started to pull her phone out of her pocket.

                  “No! I mean, no. They’re probably all busy working out, and I’ll just wait and see. I’ll just text him back and tell him to meet me at his apartment.” I texted Dean back, and he said I could come over whenever. He must be done at the gym and on his way home.

                  Emmi said she would meet me back at my house after I was done at Dean’s. “Have you ever been to his apartment before?” Emmi asked.

                  “Yeah. We stopped their one day so he could change after practice. I waited in the car though.” I paused for a moment, “So, I guess, no actually. I mean, I know where it is, but I’ve never been inside it.”

                  Emmi smiled at me. I looked at her with a confused smile.

                  “There’s a first time for everything. Going into your boyfriend’s apartment is a big deal. I haven’t even been in Brandon’s apartment. And we’ve been talking for like a year and a half or something. I lost count.”

                  “That’s different though, Em. You and Brandon haven’t made anything official. Yeah, you guys may kiss each other and go on dates. But you never call him your boyfriend. Dean and I are actually dating. ‘I love you’ and all that. Anyway, we’re just going there to talk. Nothing. Else.” We stopped outside my next class and continued talking.

                  “Are you guys gonna have sex anytime soon?” Emmi was always very straight forward with things. I almost choked on my laughter.

                  “Oh lord, Emmiline!” I only called her by her full name when I was either mad at her, or shocked, “No. We haven’t talked about that, but I think it’s a mutual understanding that it’s a little too soon for that, and if the team and my dad found out. Not only would Dean be kicked off the team, but also he would be beaten to a pulp. I think we’re gonna wait on that one.” I laughed once more with Emmi then we said goodbye.

                  I drove my car over to Dean’s. Once I park in his complex’s garage, I texted him asking how I’m supposed to get to his place. He replied quickly that he’d meet me at the third floor garage entrance. I look to see what floor I’m on, and sure enough, I’m on number three. I hop out of my car and head for the door. I’m almost there when it swings open and I see Dean frantically looking for me. We lock eyes and both smile big. I pick up my pace, and once close enough, Dean wraps he strong arms around me in a hug.

                  “I missed you.” Dean says through kisses.

                  “Dude, you saw me last night!” I laugh at him.

                  “Yeah, whatever. Come on. I’m actually really excited to show you my place. I even cleaned up when I got home.” Dean squeezed my hand.