Dean

*Fast Forward to March*

                  The team has been going and going. We’ve had a lot of games at home recently, which was nice, and we only traveled to Florida. In our last twenty-six games we were thirteen and thirteen. Our team was hit hard when Patrick Kane got injured. He’s out for at about twelve weeks, and we really have to rally, and keep pushing to get into the playoffs. Trade deadline just ended, and Scottie was freaking out. Her dad lets her in on a lot of what goes on with the team, but the trades are something he doesn’t let her know anything about. We lost Ben Smith to San Jose, and Scottie was undoubtedly upset. She had a tearful goodbye with Smitty, and I’m pretty sure I saw Ben shed a tear or two. We gain Kimmo Timonen, Antoine Vermette, and Andrew Desjardins.

                  All three of them are great players, but it’s always hard to say goodbye to a fixture in this team. In our first practice with the new guys, I got the chance to talk to Kimmo. He’s a great veteran D-man, and I can learn so much from him. We practiced in a pairing together, but he is a more built guy than me, so him and Brent or Duncan do better together. In our win against Carolina, the team played great. Kimmo and Vermy played awesome. The team, like always, really took them in.

                  I was hanging out in my apartment waiting for my brother, Desmond, to call me. We haven’t talked in a while, and I’m looking forward to catch up with him. My phone ringed, and I went to pick it up.

                  “Hey Des.” I said into the phone.

                  “Not Des. It’s dad.” His voice echoed through the phone. I hadn’t talked to my dad since I visited for Canadian Thanksgiving. I still checked in on him with my mom, but we hadn’t had a conversation.

                  “Oh.” I didn’t know what else to say.

                  “How are you, son?” He asked.

                  “I’m fine. Just resting from last night’s game.” I replied.

                  “Yeah, we watched it. You played well. Great win.” My dad said.

                  “Thanks.” I said.

                  “So, listen. I wanted to talk to you about something.” My dad was incapable of having a catch-up conversation.

                  “Okay.” I said.

                  “I was talking to Mr. Poland the other day,” My dad started.

                  “Dad. No.” I had an idea as to where he was going with this.

                  “Just hear me out.” He said, “I know Hannah is in town where you are, and I set up a dinner for the two of you. I think it’d be really good for the both of you. Greg said she misses you, and wants to catch up. I know you miss her too.”

                  “No, dad. I don’t miss Hannah. She was just a girl I dated in high school. I’m dating Scottie now, and I love her. There is no way in hell that I am having anything to do with Hannah. I’m done with her, and I’m done with you trying to control my every move. I mean for fuck’s sake, dad! I’m in a different country, and you’re still trying to get me to do what you want. This is why I didn’t come for Christmas, and why I haven’t tried to contact you since I last visited. Give it rest dad.” I hung up before he had a chance to respond. I was so mad at him.