Scottie

The Blackhawks have officially clinched a playoff spot for the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. I was jumping up and down in the box with my mom. They won against the Vancouver Canucks 3-1; it was such a fun game to attend. Marcus Kruger had an amazing break-a-way in the third period to really do it for the team. I was so excited for them all, and I couldn't wait to congratulate them.

                  I was standing outside the locker room waiting for the press to wrap up before I was allowed to go in. When I saw the reporters leave I waited for my dad to give me the go ahead, and when I saw him stick is head outside the door and give me a thumbs-up, I barged into the room.

                  "That's what I'm talking about guys! Way to clinch the playoffs!" I yelled, and everyone else cheered. Many of them ran up and wrapped me in giant bear hugs. Most of them were dressed up in their pants and skates, but no shirts. It wasn't my favorite thing to hug all those sweaty guys, but I dealt with it.

                  One of the only players not to wrap me in a hug was Dean. We caught each other's eyes and I gave him a smile and slight tilt of my imaginary hat. He laughed and mouthed thanks. We still haven't talked, but he listened to me and hasn't contacted me since I told him. I thought maybe we could together before I went back to school, but we'll see. I'm still not one hundred on that subject.

                  "Just remember guys, from here on out, it's all about getting a good spot and home ice. We got this. I'm proud of you all." My dad said, and then left the locker room. I stuck around there for a little longer and talked to some of the guys. I think by now most of them know about Dean and I, and luckily no one is making a big fuss about it.

 Right as I was walking out of the locker room to head home, I heard someone yell my name.

 "Is that Scotland Brown I see?" I immediately knew the voice and got excited. I turned around swiftly to see Kevin Bieksa standing behind me with a big smile on his face.

 A little background, when I was younger Kevin was one of my favorite, non-Blackhawk players. I always told my dad about how much I loved watching him play because of his style. He may be a fighter on the ice, but he is a very funny and sometimes a thoughtful person off the ice. Kevin's jersey number is #3. When I started lacrosse, I picked 3 to be my jersey number, and it's been that way forever.

 Anyway, in 2012, Vancouver was visited Chicago, and it was around my birthday, so for my dad's present he asked Kevin if he would meet me after the game. It was all a surprise to me. I thought I was just going back to the Blackhawks locker like after any game, but when I turned the corner Kevin was standing there with a sign that said "Happy 16th Birthday Scottie!" and I just about started crying. Kevin and I ended talking for a really long time, and we have kept in touch since then.

 "Kevin!" I said, and I ran up to give him a hug.

 "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long. You look so much more grown up." He said after letting me go of the hug.

 "It's so good to see you!" I exclaimed.

 "Likewise, walk with me. We need to catch up." Kevin draped an arm over my shoulders as we walked together.

 "So what's this I hear about you dating one of your dad's players?" Kevin asked.

 "Oh, well we actually broke up a couple weeks ago." I replied.

 "What? I mean, I knew all about it. Derrick filled me in. If I had known, I would've beaten that Dean kid's ass on the ice." Kevin said, glancing behind us, probably to see if Dean was behind us.

 "I'm glad you didn't because there is no reason. It's okay. I'm okay." I told him reassuringly.

 "Good. Listen, I got to go. We're flying to someplace tonight. You know I don't the team's schedule. I just get on the plane and show up when I'm told," we both laughed because it was so true, "Anyway, it was good to see. Talk to you soon." Kevin gave me a fatherly kiss on the top of my head, and I hugged him back. I waved as he got on the bus. That night, before going to bed, I texted Dean.

 <When you get back from Buffalo, on Saturday. Let's go out to lunch. We'll talk.

 Within seconds it seemed like, Dean texted me.

 >Thank you Scottie. I can't wait.

 I didn't know how to react to his text, but I knew I couldn't wait either. I was ready to give him my piece of what happened. I was ready to try and work things out.