Scottie

The Blackhawks just got back from New York, and they have two days off before they travel to Dallas to play against the Stars. They’ve won their last four games, which is their longest run since mid-December. I’ve been spending a lot of time on campus because of midterms, and lacrosse season being in full swing. So far, we are four and two. The next game we have at home, the guys are coming to watch. It will be the first time they come up for a game, and I’m really excited for it.

                  Dean and I have talked every day since the last time we saw each other, when he came up for the day and spent the night. We haven’t gotten to see each other though, since he’s been mainly on the road, and I’ve been stuck at school. We haven’t talked anymore about the sex issue, though. I think it makes him nervous because he really doesn’t want to screw anything up. I don’t blame him. I do think it’s kind of cute how he freaks out just a bit.

                  Emmi and Brandon talked and are back on good terms, but I still don’t know what happened. It got to Emmi though. She’s been acting different whenever I mention Brandon, or try to bring up what happened between them. I stopped pressing the issue because I didn’t want to upset her. I still really want to know happened, but that’s just because I’m a very nosey person.

                  We just finished practice and I was waiting for Emmi to come out of the locker room so that we could go get dinner. I turned back to look at the door just when she walked out.

                  “Hey Em. You ready to eat?” I asked as we started walking next to each other.

                  “Yup. I’m starving! Practice was rough today.” She said.

                  “I know! We really worked up an appetite.” I laughed.

                  “Hey Scot, I just want to apologize for being all weird lately. This stuff with Brandon got me real riled up, and I just didn’t know how to act. I think I’m okay now. Brandon and I have talked a lot, and we are better. I just wanted to say sorry.” Emmi looked at me with sorrow in her eyes. I felt back because I didn’t know how to make anything better. Normally, I can make any situation okay, but not knowing all the information is throwing me off.

                  “There is no need to apologize, Emmi. I don’t know what happened between to you, but I’m glad you guys are okay. I love you both so much, and I just want you two to be happy. You know I’m here for you whenever you need me.” I gave her hand a squeeze and we kept walking.

                  “Thanks Scot. You’re the best.” Emmi smiled at me.

                  “I know.” I laughed, joking of course, which brought a smile to Emmi’s face.

                  “Oh you’re so funny.” Emmi said sarcastically.

                  “Jeeze, so many compliments. I don’t know if I can handle it!” We joked around a little bit.

                  We walked into the food court and got a tray full of food. We were both so hungry, and just wanted to eat everything. We sat down across from each other at a table in the corner of the dining hall.

                  “So, how’s Dean?” Emmi asked, “I feel like we haven’t talked about you two in a while.”

                  “We’re good. As you know, they’ve been on the road, so we haven’t seen each other in a while, but we’ve talked every day, so that’s good. Yeah, we’re just really good.” I smiled thinking about Dean.

                  “God, can you two be anymore cute? I can tell he really loves you. The night he slept here, I may have been shitfaced, but when I walked into the room, the way he was holding you while you guys slept, it was just, beautiful.” Emmi gushed. We both laughed.

                  “Yeah, he’s pretty great.” I smiled.

                  “I just have to know, did you just sleep that night,” Emmi started, “or was there some hanky panky before I got in the room?” Emmi asked.

                  I got real shy, but started laughing, “Almost. There almost was, but he stopped.”

                  “What? Why?” Emmi questioned.

                  “He wants it to be ‘perfect’.” I used air quotes as I spoke.

                  “He does realize how cliché that is right?” Emmi laughed.

                  “Yes,” I laughed with her, “But he said he was still going to try. So, I don’t know when it’s going to happen, but I think it will soon.” I explained.

                  “And you want it to happen right?” Emmi asked.

                  “I’m the one that took his shirt off, so yeah, I do want it to happen.” I revealed.

                  “Dang girl.” Emmi applauded, and we both cracked up laughing.

                  “I may be a virgin, but that doesn’t mean I’m not experienced.” I shrugged, still laughing.

                  “Girl, I know. You’ve told me stories about your escapades.” We cracked jokes through the rest of dinner, and we couldn’t stop laughing.

                  We went back to our dorm, and immediately got into the showers. We felt so gross after practice, and then eating our weight in food. After showering, we lay in our beds with the TV on, but we mainly caught up on homework. Dean called sometime before I went to bed, and we talked for a while. He told me about their game against the Rangers, and I told him about practices and school. We hung up, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

                  I knew I wouldn’t be able to see Dean for another week, because they were going on the road for their next three games, and I wouldn’t be able to make it to any games. They play Columbus at home next Friday, and I told him I would make it to that game, no matter what. We planned on hanging out after their morning skate, and then after the game. I was looking forward to seeing him after almost three weeks.

                  I was hoping that we would finally “do the deed”, but I didn’t know. I was ready, and not just because I feel like this is what should happen now, or that Dean and I should have sex just because he was virgin and I wasn’t. I told myself ever since I was little, I would wait until I was with a guy that meant a lot to me, really meant something. I wanted to wait for someone that I could see in my life long-term. Dean was that someone. I couldn’t imagine losing my virginity to any but him.