Scottie

Dean and I arrived at the United Center for a morning practice. I haven't been to a practice in months, and I really haven't been able to hang out with any of the guys on the team. I missed them all so much. I laced up my skates, grabbed my stick, and stepped onto the ice. No one else had gotten on the ice yet, so I had it all to myself. I glided around freely, and I had a huge smile on my face. I haven't skated in what felt like years. I twisted and turned up and down the ice until I heard booming laughter coming from the tunnel. That meant the teams was starting to take the ice.

                  I don't think many of the guys knew I was coming today, so when Bryan Bickell got on the ice first, we yelled my name.

                  "Scottie! You're back!" Bryan sped towards me, and I braced myself for whatever was coming. He scooped me up in his arms and spun me around in a hug. More hugs quickly followed. I think every person on the ice hugged me, including coaching staff, even my dad. I laughed, and couldn't stop smiling. These guys were like my second family, and I'm more that ecstatic to be back with them.

                  "Okay, guys! Let's bring it back. Start warming up!" My dad shouted, and I skated to join him watching his team speed around the rink. Dean caught me eye, and he winked at me.

                  "How you doing, Scottie?" My dad asked me.

                  "Wonderful. I'm so happy to be at practice. Don't worry, I won't distract them." I said.

                  "Oh nonsense. It's okay. It's nice to have a fun practice every once in a while. Especially when we are waiting to find out our schedule. I'm glad you're here." Dad gave me a quick hug before he skated over to his waiting team and told them the first drill.

                  Practice went swimmingly, and I even got to shoot around a little bit on our goalies. A few of us went out for lunch afterwards, and it was nice to catch up with everyone. After lunch, Dean and I went back to our apartment.

                  It's still weird to call it our apartment. We have been living together for about a week. It's been great so far, and we get along great. It's just kind of hard to believe that I'm living with my boyfriend. It feels like yesterday when Dean and I first met in the parking lot of the ice rink. We share a bed, a bathroom, and a kitchen. I have a key to the apartment on my key chain, right next to my keys. I get packages at the apartment addressed to me. It's just weird to think about. Again, I couldn't be happier. This summer was really turning out to be a great one.