Dean

Warning: Things get a little explicit (if you can even call it that). Anyway, there's straight up talk about a sex, and little risqué scene. So, if you're not about that, then you can skip this chapter. If not, read on!

Our first game in the Finals is Sunday, so practices were starting to get a little more serious. Coach hasn't been changing lines or pairings lately, and it's probably because what he has going on is working for our team. We have really good chemistry flowing throughout. Unfortunately Michal Rozsival will be out the rest of the season after blowing out his ankle, so David Rundblad is getting a go at the play-offs. So Coach is going to start moving us defensemen around to see where we would all fit in. Duncan and David play well together, and Brent and I seem to get along. Niklas and Johnny will not be split up anytime soon, and Nikolai and Kimmo will probably end up pairing together. Scottie gave me the whole run down one night of who she thinks should be paired together. It was kind of funny because at practice the next day, Coach did exactly what Scottie explained to me.

                  Scottie starts her internship in the front offices soon, so she's been gearing up for that. I can tell she is really excited to get involved with the Blackhawks organization. It is her dream to work for an NHL team, specifically in a high up position; one of those jobs that gets to call some of the shots. I know she could do it, but unfortunately it's the fact that she's a girl that she wouldn't get the opportunities she deserves. Scottie knows that too, but she isn't going to give up until she gets what she wants. That's one of the many things I love about her. She is very persistent about some things.

                  Scottie was out doing girl things with her mom for the day, so I came home to an empty apartment. I couldn't help but smile at how homey Scottie had made it. Before, I really just had the essential furniture laying around. Now though, there is artwork on the walls, drapes on the window looking out onto the Great Lakes, and overall the place just looks brighter and more inviting. I could see myself living here with Scottie for a very long time. I dropped my backpack in our bedroom, and changed into sweats. I didn't have anything planned for the day, so I figured I'd just lounge around and watch some TV. I had no idea when Scottie was going to be home, so I had the house to myself for a while.

                  After catching up on all my TV shows, I decided I needed to get out of the house. I changed into decent clothes for this warm weather we've been having in Chicago, grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I decided to walk around downtown, so I left my car parked in its spot. I had no idea where I was going to go, but I started walking towards the heart of the city. As I walking down the sidewalk, I heard someone hollering my name.

                  "Yo, I was just about to crash your house!" Brandon shouted from his SUV.

                  "Well, I'm glad I got out of there before you got there." I said back.

                  "Hop in! Let's go do something." Brandon said, unlocking his car.

                  I got in the passenger seat, and Brandon drove off.

                  "So, where were you going?" Brandon asked.

                  "No idea. I just wanted to get out of the apartment. Scottie is with her mom, so I was alone. I got bored." I explained, and Brandon gave me a sly smile.

                  "No one was there to keep you company, if you know what I mean." Brandon jabbed me in the side, and I laughed.

                  "Nah, man. Scottie and I haven't gotten that far." I told him.

                  "Wait. You guys have been together for almost a year, you two are living together, and you haven't had sex yet? Not to be you're typical young adult male, but what's taking so long?" Brandon asked, shocked.

                  "We are waiting for the right time. We were so close before I fucked up and broke up with her, and Scottie said she didn't want to rush into things when we got back together. She knows that she is calling that shots in that department. When she's ready, I'm ready. I'm okay with it." I told him.

                  "That's good. You two make some valid points. You know how protective I am of Scottie, I don't want you hurting her again." Brandon warned, and shooed his glares away.

                  "Yeah, I know. I've heard that speech millions of times for so many different hockey players. You all are just beating a dead horse." I said.

                  "So, you hungry?" Brandon asked, parking in one of the many parking garages in Chicago that is near any store you could imagine.

                  "Yeah, I could eat." I say, getting out of the car.

                  Brandon and I ended up picking the first place we saw to eat at. Like you're stereotypical male athlete, we eat like there was just a famine. We got stopped a couple times on the street, and while were eating to sign some autographs. We engage all the fans in conversation, and had a lot of fun getting know some of them. Some girls around our age came up to try and flirt, and Brandon and I had to try not to laugh. Sorry girls, but we both are in committed relationships.

                  Brandon dropped me back off at the apartment, and when I got there Scottie had just gotten back. I saw shopping bags on the kitchen counter, and it was obvious indicator that Scottie had bought some clothes. She was in the bedroom putting them away when I said hello. She smiled at me, and I kept smiling back at her. I made a split second decision, and charged towards her, pressing my lips against hers. She immediately wrapped her arms around my neck, and after a moment, I scooped her up in my arms, our lips not leaving each other's.

                  I placed Scottie on the bed, and I gently lay on top of her. We continued to kiss until Scottie started to take off my shirt. Our lips disconnected for a moment while we undressed each other's top half of the body. After a few more kisses, we unbuttoned each other's pants. Before things could go any further, I rushed to the bathroom to grab a condom. I made sure Scottie was ready before we continued. She slowly nodded her head and smiled at me. This was a big moment for the both of us, but especially Scottie. This is not how I imagined it happening, but we take what we can get.

                  When it was all said and done with, Scottie and I lay in each other's arms under the covers of our bed. I had pulled on my boxer briefs, and Scottie was wearing the shirt she had taken off of me minutes earlier. I would like to think everything went spectacular, but I couldn't gauge Scottie's mood. During, she sure sounded like she was having fun, but she was being so quite now.

                  "Scottie?" I unsurely addressed her.

                  "Hm?" She sighed.

                  "Um, I hate to ask this, but, uh, was that, like, you know, was that good?" I asked very awkwardly, and Scottie began to giggle.

                  "It was wonderful, Dean. Literally, it was everything I had imagined, and then some. Thank you." Scottie replied, and I smiled proudly.

                  "Thank you. I love you, Scottie." I said.

                  "I love you too." Scottie said, and I could almost hear the smile in her voice.

                  It may have been mid-afternoon, but we ended falling asleep in bed. We woke up around late dinnertime, so we got up to eat. That night, we went for round two, and maybe a couple more. Scottie initiated most of it, but either way, we were both enjoying ourselves. We had just taken our relationship to a whole new and different level.