Scottie

I couldn't believe what was happening. The crowd was silence for the first time since the buzzer sounded. The carpet had been rolled out, and I was standing at the beginning looking down towards Dean. My arm was wrapped under my dad's and we started walking. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation in front of me.

Dean and I were getting married on the ice in the United Center after the Blackhawks had won the Stanley Cup. Dean was standing there still in his uniform with Desmond to his left, and Derrick and Brandon after that. Dean's mother was in the middle, and Emmi was on her right, standing there as my maid of honor. My mother was next to her, standing there already crying. I walked up and stood next to Dean.

"Woo! Yeah Goldie!" I heard Brent yell from the crowd.

"Shut up, Seabs!" Duncan yelled back.

"Okay, well this is a weird turn of events isn't it?" Mrs. Gold said into the microphone she had so that everyone could hear, "Well, let's get this wedding going!"

Next thing I know, I'm being announced as Scotland Gold. Dean and I kissed as the crowd cheered. I grabbed the microphone from Mrs. Gold's hand, and spoke into.

"Thank you everyone for allowing Dean and I to do this. I couldn't think of a better time or place to marry the man I love. However, the Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup! Let's celebrate!" I yelled, and everyone cheered back.

Dean wrapped me in a hug, "I love you." He said into my ear. I smiled in response.

"You know, I hate being the center of attention, but that was amazing." I said, and Dean laughed.

"I have to go do interviews." Dean sighed.

"I know. Go, answer questions!" I said, pushing Dean away.

He skated backwards, not breaking eye contact with me. We both were smiling at one another, and I wiggled my fingers in a wave. Dean blew me a kiss, and finally turned around when tapped on his shoulder by a reporter.

"Welcome to the family." I heard a deep voice behind me. I turned to see Mr. Gold behind me.

"Thank you." I said to my new father-in-law.

"Come here." He said, pulling me into a hug, "I'm sorry I was such an ass the first time we met. I really have no excuses. You were an amazing girl then, and you still are. I couldn't imagine a better daughter-in-law." Mr. Gold said.

"Thank you Mr.," I was cut-off.

"You can call me dad now, or Don. Whatever you want. Just not Mr. Gold." Don smiled at me, and I laughed.

I walked to the middle of the ice, and looked around. I did a full 360 with a giant smile on my face. I saw my parents embracing in a giant hug. I saw Brandon and Emmi taking a selfie as Brandon was kissing Emmi's cheek. I saw Jon hoisting the Cup over his head for probably the hundredth time tonight. I saw Patrick Sharp hugging his entire family. Lastly, I saw Dean answer a question for a reporter, stopping mid-sentence as he locked eyes with me, giving me a wink.

I was no longer Scotland Brown.I was Scotland Gold. I was the wife of a Stanley Cup Champion. I never thoughtthis was how my life would end up. I wouldn't be wiping the smile of my facefor a long time. I would go home happy, go to sleep happy, wake up happy, andcontinue living my life happy. Nothing could make this better. I couldn't bemore excited about how things were turning out for me.

NOTE: Last official chapter update! Next up with be the epilogue! I'm going to wait a day or two to put it up here, though. So bear with me :)