Scottie

I spent majority of the afternoon laying in Dean’s bed watching Netflix on his TV. What was Dean doing, you ask? Sleeping. It was kind of sweet, actually. I was leaning against the headboard of his bed, with pillows behind me, and Dean had his head resting on my stomach, and his arm draped over my waist. I did not mind the situation at all. Dean is a very peaceful sleeper, and it was fun to watch the rise and fall of body as he breathed evenly.

                  I woke him up two hours before he had to be back at the UC. I figured incase he wanted to shower, or just have enough time to wake up; it was a good time to wake him up. Once he was awake, we lay there on his bed, cuddling, watching the rest of the episode of Lost, I had going. It was a good thing Dean liked the show because it was my favorite. Of course, one thing led to another, and we started making out for a good half hour. I decided he needed to start getting ready to leave, and he had said he wanted to take a shower before he left. So, he did that as I stayed on the bed. I glanced over at his open closet, and got up to sift through it.

                  I found a nice charcoal gray suit that I hadn’t ever seen him wear. I pulled it out, and placed it nicely on his bed. I then went through his dress shirts, and found my favorite of his. A pale purple and make his skin tone and brown eyes pop, and would also look good with the gray suit. I then found the tie he normally wore with the shirt and placed them with the suit. I pulled out his only pair of dress shoes and set them on the floor next to his bed, below the outfit. I heard his bathroom door open, and I swiveled my head to see Dean standing in the doorway in nothing but a towel, fresh out of the shower.

                  I must have been staring because Dean started laughing, “Hey, Scottie.”

                  I swallowed, and laughed at myself, “Hey, Dean.” Dean then glanced at the clothes on his bed, then back at me quizzically.

                  “Yeah, I know. It’s your typical girlfriend telling boyfriend what to wear. I’m sorry, and you don’t have to wear this tonight. It’s just, I saw this suit, and I’ve never seen you wear it before, and its so nice, and it would look so good on you, and this purple shirt, you know, is my favorite, and I mean the shoes don’t necessarily match, but that’s what you have to do when you only have one pair of dress shoes. You really need to get at least one more pair. So, you don’t have to wear this, it’s just a suggestion, but you’d look really nice in this outfit. I’m sorry. I’m rambling again, make it stop.” I looked at Dean exasperated. I shyly smiled at him, as he was grinning back at me.

                  Dean walked toward me, still in his towel, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed me gently on the lips.

                  “One of my favorite qualities that you possess is how you can just go off on a topic and talk so much about it. It is complete jumbled rambling, but it’s so cute, and it shows how much thought you put into certain things.” Dean looked back at the suit lying on his bed.

                  “I bought this suit a couple weeks ago. I knew you would like it a lot, so I was saving it until the right time to wear, not that this isn’t the right time. I wanted it to be special when you saw me in it. I think wearing it tonight would be special because you picked this outfit out for me. So, I would be happy to wear this suit tonight.” Dean smiled and kissed me sweetly again, “thank you, Scottie. I love you.”

                  At that exact moment, both of our eyes bugged out. Neither of us had said I love you, and Dean just dropped it like nothing happened.

                  “Dean, you just,” I started.

                  “I know, I know. I mean, wow. Okay, yeah. Scottie, I love you. It hasn’t been that long since we started dating, but I do love you. You do these little things for me, like picking out my outfit because you truly think it’s a good idea, not just because you want me to wear it for your sake, and it just makes me realize how thoughtful you are, and I fall more in love with you every time you do something like. I love you. I love you so much, Scottie. You don’t have to say it back. I don’t expect you too. Just know I love you, Scotland Brown.”

                  I started laughing, “Now who’s the one rambling.” I placed my hands on Dean’s still naked torso, and looked up at him.

                  “I’ve never said this to anyone except my family and Emmi, so you’re pretty damn special. I love you too, Dean. A lot. I love you because you don’t expect me to be something or someone. You expect me to be myself, and you love me for that. I love you because you can handle my craziness and weirdness. I love you because you love me, for me.”

                  We kissed more intensely than before. Dean placed his hands on the side of my face while my hands were still on his torso. We stood there for a few moments kissing. Suddenly, we both felt and rush and something fall onto our feet. We both looked pulled away, and looked down. Bad idea.

                  “Oh my god!” I quickly turned around and covered my eyes. Dean quickly dipped down to the ground, grabbed his towel and rushed back to the bathroom.

                  “I’m so sorry!” We both said simultaneously.

                  Still turned around, we both started laughing, “Um, I’ll go wait in the living room while you change.” I rushed out of his room before I had a nervous laughing attack.

                  I waited for a few minutes before Dean walked out of his bedroom. Right when we made eye contact, we busted up laughing. I was lying on my back in hysterics while Dean was doubled over in the doorway. When we finally composed ourselves, we both apologized for the awkward situation that had occurred. Dean figured it was time to leave since he still had to drop me off at my house before heading over to the United Center. We went about our day as if nothing happened, but each of us would occasionally start giggling, and the other would get embarrassed. It’s great that we can laugh about these things, no matter how awkward they are.

                  Dean dropped me off at my house; we kissed, said I love you for the second time, and said we see each other soon.