Scottie

Emmi and I decided to go out with some of the lacrosse girls Sunday night. Nothing crazy, just some girls hanging out. None of us are legal to drink, and we don’t want to get screwed over for lacrosse, so we just hung out in one of the girl’s dorms. I finished my paper for my sports marketing class, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders. After submitting it, I got ready to leave with Emmi. Before heading out an hour or two later, I sent a quick text to Derrick wishing him luck in the game tomorrow. Emmi and I headed out and across campus to get together with our friends.

                  We had all been sitting in our friend Kelly’s room, talking about whatever came to our minds. We asked our friend Mary how her and her boyfriend were doing.

                  “Pretty good, actually. What about you and Dean, Scottie?” And it was at that moment, I knew, I fucked up.

                  “SHIT! OH SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!” I started running around the room looking for my phone. All the girls were staring at me with crazy eyes, “I forgot!” I found my phone, and saw I had a few missed texts and a missed call from Dean. I looked at the time, and I knew he was probably fast asleep by now. I called anyway.

                  “Oh my gosh. Dean, I’m so sorry! I totally forgot to call you back! I don’t even know what happened. It just completely slipped my mind! I wanted to talk to you and wish you luck on your game, but ugh, I’m such an idiot! I’m so sorry! I know you’re probably asleep, but hopefully it will put a smile on your face when you wake up to this call. I love you so much, Dean. If you have time before the morning skate, call me back. I promise I will answer! I’m so sorry, and I love you!” I hung up, and exhaled. I looked at my friends who were still staring at me like I was a crazy person.

                  “Man, Scottie. You screwed up there.” Emmi laughed, and the girls joined in. I eventually laughed along with them. I still felt so bad about forgetting to call Dean back. I don’t even know what he must have been thinking, but he couldn’t have gone to sleep happy.

                  Emmi and I stayed a little bit longer in Kelly’s room, and then we made our way back to our dorm. Right when we got into the door, we crashed on our beds. Neither of us had a class until the afternoon, but I made sure to set an early alarm, so that I could talk to Dean if he called back.

Note: Uh oh, she forgot to call back. How's that going to turn out...?