Scottie

I woke up Saturday morning ready to play some hockey. Dad had to get to the rink early, so I drove myself. I stopped by Derrick's place to give him a ride too. He lives just down the road, so it's easier for everybody if we carpooled. I parked in my usual spot as always, and non-other than Dean was parked right next to me. He was getting his gym bag out of the trunk when Derrick and I stepped out of my car. 

"Hey Dean, how's it going?" Derrick started to make small while he helped me lug my equipment bag out the trunk. I didn't keep it at the gym because there was really no place to put. 

"It's going. Hey, Scottie." He looked at me with that stupid toothy grin, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hey, New Guy. Ready for another day of scrimmaging?" 

"We scrimmage again today?" He looked very shocked.

"Hahah, yeah every Thursday and Saturday!" Derrick laughed and Dean's obvious dislike in that idea. 

"Oh well. Probably a good thing that we do that." 

"Yeah, dad wouldn't run us this hard if it was for nothing." The three of us were walking to the door, and Dean rushed to open the door for me. I heard Derrick chuckled behind us. I flashed him my best death glare, but that made him laugh even more. We made small talk all the way to my locker room, said see you later, and I went in to get changed. I quickly changed into my pads, grabbed my stick and headed out to the ice. I was about 45 minutes early, but that meant ice time alone to just skate around and probably think about Dean. That's all I've been thinking about since Thursday.