Dean

It felt as though my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I don't think I had ever been as nervous as I was when asking Scottie to marry me. When she finally said yes, I was so happy. I didn't know if she would like the setting in which I asked her, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

                  "How long did you have this with you?" Scottie asked, looking down at her hand while we were sitting on the plane.

                  "Literally, for like a month. I always had it with me. Everywhere we went, it was either in my pocket, or in my gym bag." I confessed.

                  "Oh my goodness," Scottie laughed, "When did you ask my parents?" Scottie questioned.

                  "When you were in New Jersey for lacrosse. They had actually invited me over for dinner, and I had originally just planned on seeing if they'd be okay with us moving in together, and then I thought then was as good a time as any. I thought your mom was going to cry, happy tears of course, but still." I laughed.

                  "I'm kind of surprised my dad was okay with it." Scottie said.

                  "Me too. He said, and I quote, 'you seem to really love our daughter, and she really loves you. I know very well Dean, and I would be glad to have you as a son-in-law.'" I recounted the conversation to Scottie.

                  "It's beautiful, Dean." Scottie admired her ring.

                  "Just like you." I smiled down at her, and kissed her lips, "I had Emmi come with me to help. She said you'd be pissed to find out that she knew all along."

                  "I had feeling she was keeping something from me!" Scottie exclaimed, and we both laughed, "Oh well, you both did a very good job."

                  I looked down at the ring, remembering how the sales lady described it, "It's a beautiful rose gold pear morganite with a diamond halo and leaves." I had no idea what she was saying, but I knew Scottie would love it. It was simple enough while still being a little showy.

                  "I know the diamond is a little big, but I figured you'd still like it." I said to Scottie.

                  "No, I love it!" Scottie gushed, "I can't wait to show it off." Scottie laughed, and I joined in.

NOTE: Okay, short chapter. I'm trying to wrap this story up because I think it's a good place to end it. What I'm going to do is wait until the Cup Final is over, and then finish this out with an epilogue. Knowing me, I could make this story go on and on, but I want to start some other things. :)