Scottie

Game day. If we win this game we move on to semi-finals. I've been up since the crack of dawn. I get extremely nervous for these big games. I had a big breakfast, and then caught up with what's been going on back home. I was reading a book when my phone lit up and started buzzing. I glanced at the screen and saw a picture of Dean.

                  I answered the call, "Hello?"

                  "Hey, how are you?" Dean asked.

                  "Good, I've been up for a couple hours, so I'm just reading while Emmi still sleeps. I'm going to have to get her up soon though because we need to get going." I said.

                  "Why? The game isn't until three right, and it's what, like ten thirty there?" Dean did some math.

                  "Yeah, but if I don't get her up soon, not only will she sleep the day away, but she won't be ready for the game. We leave for the game at one." I explained to Dean.

                  "Oh, okay. So what else is new?" He asked.

                  "Nothing really, just nervous. What's new with you?"

                  "I'm sure you'll do great. There's nothing really going on here. We've been practicing at the UC, but other than that it's been pretty chill. I guess Michael Handzues was at practice yesterday watching, and he asked where you were. He wanted to say hi. I don't really know the guy, so I didn't talk to him." Dean informed me.

                  "Oh, I'm sad I missed him." I told Dean, and he chuckled on the other end of the phone.

                  "Yeah, he says hello. " Dean said.

                  Dean and I continued to catch up with each other. We just talked about what we had been doing during the day.

I heard Emmi start to stir in her bed, "Hey, I have to get going. I love you, I miss you, and I can't wait to see you. I will talk to you before the game tomorrow." I said.

                  "I love you too. Good luck, you're going to kill it." Dean exclaimed into the phone. We hung up, and I got up to wake up Emmi.

                  "Yo, wake the fuck up!" I said and I started jumping on her bed.

                  "Hey, hey! I'm up! Okay! Jeez!" Emmi yelled, and I started to laugh.

                  "Let's get going! Game day, woo woo!" I said, imitating my dad who did the exact same thing the morning of hockey games.

                  "How long have you been up?" Emmi asked, as she got out of bed.

                  "A long time." I confessed.

                  "Wow, I don't know how you do it. When do we have to be ready?" Emmi asked.

                  "I'm running on nerves. The van leaves at one." I told Emmi.

                  "Okay, let's get things started." Emmi says as we stood across from each other in our hotel room. We both took a big deep breath and exhaled. We really wanted to win this game.