Dean

The buzzer sounded and I raced towards Corey Crawford. Corey threw up his gloves and mask, and revealed his screaming face. We jumped into a hug, yelling into each other's faces. The rest of our teammates quickly joined us. We were all cheering and yelling.

"We won!" I heard someone yell.

"We're Stanley Cup champions!" Someone else cheered.

"Fucking right, baby!" I assumed came from Corey.

Our captain led us to the handshake line with Tampa Bay. There were congratulations all around. I skated around hugging every one of my teammates. Derrick, Brandon, and I shared a special moment. They had quickly become two of my closest friends, and it was an amazing season getting to play with them. Many of my teammates congratulated me, and I did the same. I found my family on the ice and them all. It wasn't until I stopped to take it in that someone was missing.

In that moment, and felt an immense push from behind, and arms wrapping around my abdomen. I turned around, and was greeted by Scottie's smiling face. I grinned widely back, and lifted her into my arms. I spun around my skates, and smiled at Scottie's laugh in my ear. I set her down, and we kissed passionately.

"I'm so proud of you!" Scottie shouted over the noise.

"I couldn't have done it with out you." I replied.

"Please, I didn't make you a better hockey player." Scottie said.

"No, you made me a better person. I don't think I could've survived my rookie season in Chicago without you by my side. I love you Scotland." I said, placing my hands on her cheeks, and pulling her in for a kiss.

"I love you too." Scottie said through tears. Tears of my own welled in my eyes.

"Let's get married right now." I said on a whim.

"What?" Scottie gasped.

"Let's get married! Right here, right now. Everyone we love is here; we're in a place we both love. Why not?" I said, looking around at the scene in front of us.

"Are...are you sure?" Scottie hesitated.

"I've never been more sure in my life." I said firmly.

"Wait, but we need someone to marry us." Scottie said, and I thought for a minute.

"My mom!" I said, and Scottie looked at me confused, "Long story, but she's ordained minister. Come on, let's go find her." I took Scottie's hand and skated off.

We quickly found both our parents standing talking to each other. I skated to a stop in front of them, and they turned to Scottie and I.

"Scottie and I want to get married." I said.

"Yes, son. We know. That's why you two are engaged." My dad said exasperated.

"No, we want to get married right now." Scottie filled them in, and the four of them stood there in shock.

"Are you two sure?" Coach asked us.

"Yes." Scottie and I said in unison.

"Mom, will you do it?" I asked.

"Uh, yes." My mom replied.

"Alright. Looks like we gotourselves a wedding!" Coach yelled.

NOTE: I said it last chapter, but I'm gonna say it again. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! I know it's been like over a week since the game, but I'm still so excited. There are about two more parts to put up for this story and then it will be over. I've had this entire story prewritten the whole time, so I finished it a couple days ago. Not going to lie, I've been procrastinating putting the ending up here. It's going to be sad! My first big story on here will be over :( However, I will put up the ending shortly!