Pilot - episode •1•

"Jayda you've got to be kidding me!"  my father starts as he shoots up out his seat staring me and kentrell down with his angry glare and judge - mental tone "I know you did not bring this clown into my house to tell me that you're running off wit...

"Jayda you've got to be kidding me!" my father starts as he shoots up out his seat staring me and kentrell down with his angry glare and judge - mental tone "I know you did not bring this clown into my house to tell me that you're running off with him like a ghetto ass hood rat ! I have not raised you to be so foolish "

"Excuse me ?! " I yell back feeling insulted

"Micheal please " my mother says pulling him back into his seat "let her speak "

"No she has absolutely nothing left to say to me or you "he grits through his clenched jaw mugging kentrell while he smirks sitting back in his chair unfazed "you leave this house with him it'll be the last time I promise you that " he threatens , making me want to do it more than I already did before .

"Fine " I mumble shrugging "we're moving to Chicago in about three weeks anyways so I wont be seeing you at all "

"Jayda !" My mother's gasps holding her chest as if shes seen a ghost "now ive been supportive up until now this is just something I cannot allow "

"IM TWENTY ONE !" I scream uncontrollably loud causing them to jump back startled " yall can't keep trying to control my life ! I'm a grown ass woman -"

"THEN ACT LIKE ONE ! " he screams back as my mother starts to tear up , probably becoming fed up with both of our voices rising . This peaceful sit down escalated quicker than any of us could control but honestly I was expecting it ... they never want to hear my side . Its always their way or no way . That's why I'm leaving .

"Jayda if you want to leave I respect it " my mother tells me " but I only asks that it's on your terms and not his " she says referring to kentrell .

He chuckles a little and shakes his head before sitting up finally saying his first words of the evening "respectfully maam " he starts in his thick Louisiana accents slurring his words through his raspy deep voice "jaydas leaving cause she want to I ain't making ha do shit "

"Watch your mouth in my house boy " my father starts aggressively

"Don't start allat wit me I'm tryna be calm in this bitch ! " he spats back . I know how bad his temper can get so it's best I resolve this situation before it gets worse .

"Okay okay that's it "i says standing up grabbing kentrells arm as my father raises up from his seat .

"This who you want to be with ?" He asks me clearly in disgust as I roll my eyes

"Why does it even matter ?" I huff

"Wow " he shakes his head "I raised you better than this , or maybe not " he mumbles "you run of with him and in a year he'll be dead or in jail , you pick which one you want " he points while I shake my head looking away at kentrell as he stares at me.