Side kick - ep•6•

Jayda point of view

I wake up yawning as I wipe the crust out of my eyes , checking my phone seeing that it's six in the morning . How convenient is it for me to wake up this early being that I didn't go to sleep until three cause I was bawling my eyes out looking at old pictures of my parents and i all night . I don't think the reality of them being dead will every really click until a long time .

I mean in my head I still imagine them being snuggled up in our small home back in Louisiana watching romantic movies waiting for me to come home , but to think that that's not a reality anymore is something I can't handle and I refuse to come to terms with it .

The only positive thought I can actually say I'm having right now is the fact that I didn't get bullied or beaten out of my sleep this morning . Waking up in a safe calm environment is so different from waking up next to a raging kentrell digging his fist into whatever part of my body is exposed . I don't have to worry bout his mood swings or his constant insults . It's so peaceful in this house and quiet as if I'm the only person in here even though I'm not because of von ...

Von is someone I just don't understand yet . One minute hes cold and rude , next minute he's helpful and caring , then all at the same time he's nonchalant and insulting . He's literally the most confusing being I've came across in a while . I mean at least kentrell is a consistent ass hole , I never know with Von but im going to need to start knowing especially today now that he's letting me do this work with him .

Although im afraid of the unknown and unexpected , I know this is my only way to make the right amount of money I need to get out of here and start all the way over . And by out of here I don't just mean this house , I mean the city in general . Maybe I'll go to New York , or hell even Atlanta. Just somewhere where I can start over and not have to be looking over my shoulder or worried about someone coming after me . I just want to escape from the drama and problems and I know this is the quick money I need to do so . Plus the only reason vons letting me do it so I can get out of his way and his house , he's not fooling nobody !

I wait a few minutes before getting out the bed and going to the bathroom to shower and do my morning hygiene routine before digging in my bags for clothes to wear .

As stressful as it was to get my clothes from kentrells house I'm glad I did cause one thing I have if I don't have anything else is style ! I can't be out here looking busted . Poor or not .

I slick my hair back in a tight bun and lay down my edges before throwing on a tight black jumpsuit with a light jacket over it and a orange purse . Something light .

I look in the mirror pleased with my appearance and put on a little lipgloss before walking out the room to an empty hallway

I look in the mirror pleased with my appearance and put on a little lipgloss before walking out the room to an empty hallway . I look over the rail to an empty downstairs before making my way down .

No pictures on the walls , no live in girlfriend , no friends over ? This house must be new or something because I would assume he would have photos of his child or even himself up somewhere . I can't even believe he has a child especially with the way he moves. I know his baby mother be stressed the fuck out . Not that it's any of my business but I am nosey .