Ep •14•

Jayda cheaves pov

I take the long way to vons house making sure to stop early at every light , and stay long after . Being that vons house is the last place I want to be right now , and I just lost the most important person In my life , I honestly don't want to leave the car .

I know I have to find somewhere to sleep and the further I get from brysons house the more I realized I should've just stayed and slept with his mom . She doesn't deserve to be by herself especially in a time like this and the money I gave her still doesn't feel like enough .

I continue to blame myself for his death, and honestly it should've been me . He had so much purpose in this world, and was so young , he shouldn't have even been involved with people like kentrell or even his brother in the first place . He's to good for them , even me ...

I promised his mother that I will do everything I can to send whoever did this to him to prison .. or worse, and I meant that . I love him way to much to let it rest .I don't even think I'll ever heal ... not until I get some type of clarity .

After what seems like forever , purposely , I finally make it to vons house , dragging my feet before opening the door .

As I walk further inside the house I smell cooked food and furrow my eyebrows quickly . I'm literally the only person who knows how to work a stove in this house so it's just odd smelling home cooked food .

I look into the kitchen and see von sitting at the island with two plates full of food filled up , and glasses of wine . This would've been so cute a week ago , but now it just looks like a gimmick and I'm honestly over it . Nice try though .

"Hey jay I - "

He stops talking as I walk pass the kitchen to the stairs and jog up them to the room , Completely ignoring his attempt at dinner .

I definitely feel like an asshole just ignoring him like that but he deserves to get his feelings hurt . He always hurts mine ! And I'm not even In the mood for his fake relationship right now .

I walk into the room and slam the door purposely before removing my heavy clothes and throwing myself accross the bed letting out a dreadful sigh .

I find it kind of funny how as soon as my bestfriend dies , von wants to get all romantic again . Maybe he feels comfortable now that Bryson's out the way and knows I have no where else to go .

Maybe Ive been toworried about kentrell killing Bryson, when it was probably Von all along . He is a murderer , and he's not off the hook . I don't trust him anymore ... he's not my friend . Everybody's a suspect!

Knock knock

I look up at the door and roll my eyes knowing who it is making me want to pretend to be sleep . I'm definitely not up for this right now , but I do want answers

"Jayda ?" He questions walking into the room

"Get out " I mumble and hear him groan

"Jayda how long we gone do this ?" He asks sighing , causing me to turn over to face him

"Why did you wait so long to tell me that bryson died ?" I question with attitude clear in my voice as he frowns and looks at me

"What are you talking about ?" He asks offended

"You came in here arguing with me before telling me that my bestfriend died , you don't find that odd " I eye him

"Okay so what's your point ?"

"How long did you know ?" I asks wanting to know the truth

"I knew right before I told you ! "He snaps "that was the whole purpose of why I came in here in the first place but you pissed me off packing and shit so I got sidetracked " he defends