Prologue

Anvi Bajaj, the title I have gained accidentally. Now the thing landed me next to the person I have known to respect the most. No, we are not in love. One cannot fall in love over a single misfortune. Right now, seeing him getting all worried and panicked over me isn't something I imagined seeing. Not in this phase of marriage. Our marriage was not like others. It was not consensual but it was accidental.

Nothing that is happening now should have happened. I shouldn't have been here. He shouldn't be leaving her date just to come and rescue me. But like everything about me and him, this too is accidental. Something never should have happened. He returned back to me looking me through those blue eyes, which were so unique in their own way that I cannot help but admire them always.

He sat down beside me and took my hand in his. He touched the bruise there making me hiss. "I don't know what I was thinking, I should have been there with you." I smiled looking at his bruised self. He is no fighter. He took a nasty beating for me. "And do what exactly? It is not similar as admitting that we are about to be married, Mr. Bajaj." No, it is not.

I don't think it would be that simple. "I could have prevented it somehow I could have..." I touched his shoulder and he looked at me sharply. I was about to pull my hand back when he held it. "You have to suffer because of me. I have neglected you this way all this time." He did but then again, if I was in his place, I might have taken the same course. He looks at me intently.

"You looked badly bruised." He said touching my lip probably it is also bleeding. "I shall get the doctor." I got up and he left my wrist. We are married for five months now. This is the first time he even talked to me this much when he was sitting beside me. Most of his words with me limited to yes and no or him giving me insights about his business deals. Or maybe he was telling me to stay away. I walked away from him seeing him looking at me.

His phone rang and he looked at me. I just averted my gaze from him. No, I do not love him. No one can fall in love that much easier. It was just one act of Kindness, just one random act. One accident that can never be enough. I heard him talking to the phone and then it went dead. He was arguing with someone on phone.

"Anvi" He called. I looked at him. "I am going out don't wait up for me. I will see you later. And whatever you do, do not get out of the house without the guards. I looked at him through the balcony and saw him getting in the car driving away. He is like that, taking off at random times at night. He is like that leaving me alone at the night. I turned around and walked towards my room.

I slowly opened the sari I put for the occasion. He wanted me to attend the fundraiser in his place. I wanted to make him happy for once. I touched a bruise on my waist and one on my neck that happened when they tugged too harshly on my necklace. And the broken bangles that made my hand bleed was visible enough to notice.

I winced pulling the pieces out. I looked at myself. What have I become? He asked me to leave, didn't he? I should have done it at that time. I should have left as told. I should never have come here and put him in this mess. Now, I have no idea what I am going to do. I have not just put the only person who ever trusted me in danger but I have also put my husband in danger.

I removed my jewelry and looked at my big brown eyes. They are scared for me. I have only seen this fear that night. Only that night. Details of that night I never shared with anyone other than Neev, my best friend. My only friend in the entire world. I looked up and gasped the blue eyes were looking at me for how long I have no idea. And in his eyes, he held the only expression I have ever seen. Anger, and then he reached towards me as I tried something to cover myself.

He pulled me towards him. I saw how angry he was. "why didn't you tell me?" He asked. "I didn't tell you what? Mr..." He kissed me. I realized he was kissing me. My husband who hasn't looked at me even at once for one time in the last five months with an expression other than resent was kissing me. "You should have told me Anvi, should have told me my Shehzaadi" And then he kissed me again making me melt in his arms. 

Word Count: 856 Words