24

Anvi

I felt his lips on mine and everything had frozen. I felt his lips and other things faded away. He pulled back and I slapped him hard. He winced but kept on smiling. "No, Neev you are wrong she hasn't forgotten everything. Her slaps hurt as much as they did before." What? What was talking about? I slapped him only once because he was behaving as a Jerk.

Then I noticed he was wearing a hospital gown just like mine. "What is it? What happened to you?" I asked. "Nothing, I am fine now, I am just fine." He is not making any sense. "What is the last thing you remember?" He asked curiously. "Coming here and meeting your girlfriend who wasn't exactly very welcoming." His face looked in pain. But why? He shouldn't be feeling this way. Pained or anything.

"I am sorry. That I didn't stop her from insulting you. I am sorry, that I had behaved like a jerk." Why is he apologizing so much? "Mr. Bajaj, why are you apologizing? We are just known each other for three days, don't we?" Neev moved back and he sat in his place. "We have known each other for almost six months," He said surprising me.

"Hey," I looked up from my hospital bed and saw the blue eyes of Mr. Bajaj. "How are you today? Are you still in pain?" He asked me. "Just a little discomfort. That's all." I told him looking at his sharply dressed suit. "Are you going in for a meeting?" He shook his head. "Let me guess date with Miss Tanvi?" He gave me a sad smile. "Just dressed for my wife." This is happening a lot. He always does this.

"Why? Why you are dressed up for me?" He touched my cheek. "Because I can? Because I love to. And Because today I am taking you home. Neev is making your lunch, Rajma Chawal, isn't it, your favorite?" Yes, but how do you know? "Come on, let's go." He handed me his shirt and shorts. "Here change into them, and then we can take you home." Why your clothes? Why not mine? I have no idea why. I walked inside the bathroom and put on the clothes. All the time he was waiting.

"Is this alright?" I asked walking out. His blue eyes scanned me from head to toe. "Yes, very fine, Mrs. Bajaj. Just one thing is missing." He pulled the silver box which I used to contain the red vermillion into. And then he opened it taking a little out. He put it on my scalp. He closed the box and put it in his pocket. "Now, it is perfect." He whispered and then he picked the little bag I had given to me. Next, he picked me up in his arms. "Let's take you home shehzaadi."

The drive was silent mostly but there were calls that he needed to attend. "Yes," He picked it up. "the airplanes are done past inspection sir, most of them are intact only a few parts are needed to change," the man said from another end. "Good and the hangers? What about them, I need them in top-notch condition." Mr. Bajaj replied. Since when he owns the aviation industry? "Yes, sir I understand, are we meeting tomorrow then?" Mr. Bajaj looked at me. Why? Why is he looking at me?

"I and my wife will be there for the inspection and I hope you had my jet ready as you promised?" Mr. Bajaj asked. "Yes, sir, we have and we can take a test flight" Mr. Bajaj smiled. "Sure Captain, I trust your judgment, and I will meet you tomorrow." Mr. Bajaj cut the call and he parked his car at the building. He picked me up and took me towards the lift pressing the P for the penthouse. And then entering his key card there.

"Mr. Bajaj, my apartment is downstairs," I told him. "No, it isn't you live in my penthouse as you should." He walked in and the first thing I was hit with was a wonderful aroma. My mouth watered and I heard a chuckle. "What is so funny?" He placed me on the bed I quite don't recognize. "You are funny. Pari, you are one of a kind, and that is something I know very well now." He is not making any sense. "Doctor said you have to be careful while taking bath. You should not get your stitches wet. And you need to take plenty of rest."

Why are you getting so worked up on this? What is the matter? "I will draw you some warm water and if you like to, I can help you wash up. You need not go to the office for a while you are healing. I do most of my work from home. And I think I am going to continue it that way till you are fully healed up."