38

Anvi

Living with the Bajaj made me realize whatever I do no one going to accept me other than Neev and of course Ronit. Diwali is near and I wasn't even given one responsibility for the upcoming celebration. So I am sitting here on the window ledge watching Ronit, Neev, and their perfect Riya. They were decorating the house. I wasn't invited so I thought that I will do the other things like follow up with Dad's case. I have to keep myself busy with work. There is nothing else I can do. I might also check up on the other things. Like the balance sheets of the company. I am still his assistant.

"What are you doing sitting here all by yourself?" I looked up and hit my head against his. "Ouch, Ronit when you are going to stop surprising me?" I asked. He rubbed my head slowly. "Better?" I nodded. "So, what are doing with all the numbers on my laptop?" he asked. "Yours? I thought it was mine, so how am I able to unlock it?" I asked him. "Because only you can, there shall not be any secrets between husband and wife. That is what I think. What are your thoughts on that?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I am working here boss, I need to work too for a living, the balance sheets are unbalanced." That word made him laugh. He took the laptop off me and put it on the table and closed the lid. "You look beautiful. Why you are sitting inside? Come and help me with the decorations. I was waiting for you to come out." Oh, so you are done having a fun time with Miss Perfect? "You are angry that I am not here next to you?" "Why I would be angry?" He shook his head. "Is it about the last night?"

"I am not angry at you Ronit," I told him getting out of the bed and arranging his clothes in the wardrobe. He held my hand stopping me from doing anything at all. "Stop doing all this, you should be out there with us." I turned around pulling away from him. "Talk to me about what is bothering you." He asked softly. "I..." "Ronit mom is calling you. It is urgent." Here is she, someone I do not want anywhere near him. I trust Ronit but I do not trust her at all.

"Oh you are here, well come mom is calling you Ronit, she wants to give you something." She sounds happy this cannot be good. "Not now, Anvi is telling me something." He told her. "Ronit, go I can talk to you later." He didn't leave my hand. "Are you sure Pari? It might be important. I can wait here and..." I shook my head. "Alright if you say so." He took my hand and kissed it. "I will be back in a flash" I smiled at that. He left with her again. This time I followed them. I saw they were talking down the stairs.

"Why now mother? Why you have brought these rings?" He asked her. "For Riya and you, I figured since your marriage is just in name why don't I do this. I have talked to the lawyer and he said you and Anvi can now start to live separately till your mutual divorce. You don't have to live with her anymore. I am going to do the ceremony after Diwali is over ok?" I almost toppled over the vase and he saw me. "Anvi wait..." I didn't I just walked inside the room and started to pack my clothes. I might start living separately from now on.

"Pari, kya kar rahe ho? Why are you packing?:" I saw Ronit closing the doors and coming towards me. But he refrained from touching me in any way which I was very grateful for. "I am going to live in separation that your mother wants and even my mother wants. So why not do that? If I walk away now, I will not be creating any problems in your life." I told him.

 "But you are not any problem in my life. You are the solution. And I do not want to live separately, I cannot live without you" "Then why you are staying silent about the engagement? Why haven't you said anything?" I asked. "I am not doing anything with anyone other than you." He told me.

"Tell that to your mother and the girl who thinks you are her husband and..." He kissed me. I pushed him back and he kissed me again this time he held me tightly so I cannot push him away at any cost. He pulled away finally. "You talk too much when you are angry and when you are nervous. I live with you and I observe all these things about you." He told me. "Now shut up and listen like a good girl or I kiss you again and this time I will not stop. One way or other my mother has to know about me and you. Which way you wish it to be?"