37

Ronit

I looked at Riya who was watching me closely as I put on my jacket. " I have never seen you wearing leather, is it because of Tanvi?" I shook my head. "Tanvi could care less what I wear. It was what she likes to see me in. Even this jacket wasn't brought by me. One day she bought it. I found it lying down on the bed of my room."

"Anvi, what is this?" I asked holding the packet in my hand. "Something I liked, I never ever given you anything but you have so, I thought why not buy something for my husband?" She asked not getting her nose out of the laptop. "You called me your husband? So you do accept that don't you Pari?" I asked her. "Yes, you are my husband, that I have said loud and clear. You need not wear that if you don't like it."

I smiled at the memory. How easy was it to offend her? She thinks more of the negative things than the positive. "So you are in love with this piece of cloth now?" "And with her, I love her so much and for that, I can go to any lengths just to keep her here with me. Have you ever felt that kind of love for anyone?" I asked her. She looked at me with her worried eyes.

"Look loving someone is good but loving someone more than necessary is madness," Riya said looking at me. "Call it madness but I am in love with her like I never have loved anyone. And I can wait for her to feel the same. I know when she will, she will be the one to make herself see my love for her." I saw my wallet and keys lying on the table. She didn't forget to do that even today.

I picked them up and put them in my pocket. "Riya don't wait up for me. I will be late. Since I am going out with my wife for the first time in this city. I think I would make it a date." I told her. "You know, she had changed you. You never even given your best friend this much time. And I was your best friend.:" I chuckled. "So are you jealous?" She touched my shoulder. I held her arm in order to push it away just then I heard her voice.

"Is everything alright I..." Her eyes looked so sad. My Shehzaadi is sad and I know exactly why. "Sorry, I came in at a wrong time. I didn't know you weren't alone in here." "You should have knocked that is a common curtsy or don't you know that?" I pushed Riya's arm away and walked towards my wife. I pulled her close and before she can understand anything I kissed her. Anvi was shocked and surprised.

She didn't even gotten time to push me away. "Now you are alright. You have to know one thing I would never ever cheat on you ever. Not even in your worst nightmares. I cannot, so you should trust me always regardless of what you see or believe." I told her slowly stroking her hair. "I do" She replied in shaky voice. "You do? Then why you are crying hearing her words?"

She didn't say a word. "You do not trust me, you do not trust my actions or words. I know I have hurt you and I could hurt you again. But you have to trust me that even if there is a chance I can, I will not. You always come first for me. You will always come first for me. Regardless of the situation. I love you, and not because you are my wife and I should. Because I want to love you and even if someday you will not, I will still love you the same. I will always love you." I placed my hand around her waist pulling her closer and kissing her forehead. "Let's go, I have promised you something didn't I. It is time I keep the same."

I led her out of our room and towards the exit. "Do you wish to drive?" I asked her. "Remember I do not know how to?" "I do but haven't I been teaching you the basics? Do you wish to try?" I asked her. "Maybe some other time. Right now, all I wish to do is to meet my mother." "Alright, as you wish now come on give me a smile. I cannot see you sad like this. Your smile is the only thing I do all this for don't you know that?" I placed my hand over hers. "Come on Pari, let's go."

I drove towards the address. It feels like we are walking towards the war zone. Not her but me, her mother sounded so much anger over the phone. And I have a hunch that I will not be welcomed in her house. Things you do for love. And the things loving someone can make you do. I parked in front of the building entrance. "So your mom, what does she do?" I asked. "She is ex-intelligence forces, now just trains other for the same. Also, she is a part-time professor."