43

Ronit

"No, you are not. You are right on time." The words of my mother sounded emotionless as always. Even if she sugar-coats her words, I can see how shallow it was. I do not know why she had invited him. Harsh walked towards Anvi and my hold tighten over her.

"So, we meet again Mr. Bajaj." He asked extending his hand over to me. I took his hand and shake it. "I am glad you came," I told him. "Yes, Anvi here sent me an invitation, so how could I have not." Anvi invited him to this party? Why? When? I looked at her and the confusion on her face didn't lie to me. It was not her.

"Yes, of course, I told her to, I thought it will be good that she sees her friend." Harsh gave her a genuine smile. "Yes, of course, I too was dying to meet her for so many days. So, how long you are going to stay?" Anvi looked at me again. He asked you, why should I answer Pari?

"I don't think we can stay for long, Ronit's work in aviation is just beginning and I will soon start the masters in aeronautics." So, you know, did Neev tell you? Did he tell you, that it is now owned by me? "Oh, that is great. Miss Perfect, you must come and have lunch with me at my home." Anvi looked at me embarrassed. "I mean both of you, Mr. Bajaj. I would also like you to come and let me share some memories of hers with you. It will be good to catch up." What memories?

I do not understand. But maybe I can ask her? I do not want to be caught in an awkward situation between them. "Drinks?" I looked at Anvi and I know she was glaring inwardly. "No, I don't drink. But I sure can take Shehzaadi for a dance." Harsh laughed "She will not dance, she didn't even dance at her engagement party, Our engagement party."

I saw Anvi was a little uncomfortable at that point. "But she will dance at ours aren't you Pari?" I asked her. She didn't understand what I was saying so, I held her hand and took her towards the center of the room. I held her hand and slowly moved over to the music.

She was hesitant so I placed my hand over her cheek. "Trust me?" I asked her. She nodded not saying anything. "Then let me lead you to this." She hesitated a little maybe it is because no one was there when we danced that night that could question her. "No one is here, but you and me. And I want you to enjoy this night with me. Remember you have promised me." I put my hands on her waist and pulled her up. Then I placed her feet on mine.

"Now follow" I whispered. I danced over the slow song holding her in my arms. I can smell her sweet fragrance. She was smelling like me. I love that smell on her. I felt her head on my chest. And I was content. She was here and I am going to keep her here. I will not let anything or anyone take her away. I placed a kiss on her head.

I took her hand and led her towards the food tables. "Sit here, I will bring you something to eat." I left here there and started to get her favorite things on the plate when someone beat me to it. I saw Harsh was putting a plate in front of her. "All your favorites." Anvi smiled at him. "Thank you" she answered him. "I haven't forgotten you, Miss Perfect. I know what you have been through with your father's case. I wanted to come and help you. But the transfer took a little too long. And till then, all this had happened. You already were in Canada; I had no idea where to look for you. I had no idea from where I should start, I didn't have your number." She nodded. "I understand, Harsh. But I don't think I would have married you in those circumstances." I saw him placing his hand on hers.

It was something I do not like. I walked towards the table. "Pari" I called and she looked at me. "I see you have got yourself a plate." She looked at me afraid. I smiled at her. "Good thing I also like what are your favorites. May I sit here?" I asked. She nodded. I pulled the chair next to her. "Here, I have got this for you. I know you love spicy things." I placed a plate in front of her.