48

Anvi

I sat on the ledge of a tower window looking outside and watching the people prepping for what they call the biggest event of the year. I didn't know Ronit was this much famous among people. But apparently, his father was renowned and many wanted to attend this wedding except for the people who should exclusively.

I felt a pair of arms grab me and pull me inside the room. By now I know not to flinch or scream when he touches me. "Why my bride-to-be is sad?" Ronit asked. "Nothing Ronit, I am fine." He turned me around to make me face him. "No, something is wrong Pari, I want to know what." He said with a finality in his voice.

"I am fine Ronit, I promise," I said touching his cheek. "Fine, don't tell me. It's ok. Here I thought I would make you the happiest bride alive. Now I think I am going to fail." Oh no, don't think like that please Ronit. I held his arm to prevent him from leaving.

"Wait Ronit please don't go." He stopped. "I am sorry alright? I am so sorry." He shook his head. "No, I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I don't know what had happened to me these days Pari. Here I am waiting and wanting to be married to the love of my life, and the world is opposing that." I laughed at that.

"Only my mother, she isn't the world, yes?" I asked "But she is your world, isn't it? I know you seek her approval as well. And my mom is here for the sake of her own face. She cannot be seen arguing about the marriage she had announced herself a while ago." I shook my head. "It is not that, she wanted you to marry someone of her choice and she didn't know about Tanvi if she had she would have chosen another option. She would have married you both."

He turned around not facing me. "I don't wish to hear about who would be her ideal, you have to understand that you are my ideal wife. I love you Anvi, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I am going to live with you, she will not. It is between me and you alright?" I hugged him sensing his distressed self.

"What is wrong Ronit you are acting strange. Did something happen? Tell me" He shook his head. "Can I just hold you for a while? Before they take you away for the haldi ceremony?" He asked. "Why are you asking for permission," I asked him. He held me tightly placing his head on my chest. "Nothing didn't wish to offend anyone else today that's all." Something did happen with him.

"Is it about Tanvi and Neev?" I asked. "It is nothing as I said, nothing at all. You are taking unnecessary stress, Pari." He tried to pull back but I didn't let him go. "What are you doing they can be here any minute for the ritual." He protested. "So? We are not doing anything wrong. I am hugging you which you don't know but falls within my right as your lover. And I want to do more." I said placing a kiss on his cheek and he smiled finally.

"Anvi I want to know that you are happy here with me. I am not forcing you to do anything that you don't." I smiled. "No Ronit, for the millionth time you are not forcing me into doing anything at all. I am doing all this because I cannot let you get married to anyone else in my presence." He laughed and that warmed my heart. Who says I am only good with firearms? Who says I cannot do anything else other than shoot people?

"I have something for you," I said getting the brass bowl from my desk. "Turmeric? What for Anvi?" I took some in my hand and touched that over his cheek. "So that no one takes this opportunity away from me." He took some and put it over my cheek as well." Then he moved back looking at me. He closed the door. "I am not satisfied yet." He whispered. "Ronit..." he pulled me close and kissed me softly.

Then pulled back touching my waist making me jump. "Stop that, someone can come and..." "And?" He asked. "And what Shehzaadi?" He pushed me lightly on the bed. "Let me get my fill of you," He said and I blushed looking down. "Ronit you said yourself that someone can come in and..." He placed a finger on my lips. "Then don't make a sound for a while now."