29

Ronit

She held her robe together. "What are you doing Ronit?" She asked holding my hand. "helping you get dressed since you are being slow, we are going to see Hawaii and I have a perfect thing you can wear. I have made reservations for the perfect day today. So, I thought why not get you ready." She was still holding my hand. She was still very much planning on resisting me.

I pushed opened her robe and kissed her shoulder. She moaned in response. "You are not immune as you think you are Shehzaadi, and certainly you will be screaming my name, I am sure of it." She shivered as I traced her skin till I get to the scar she had gotten. The day she put herself in front of the bullet to save me. A husband who had given her nothing but pain.

"I know I don't deserve such an angel as you but since you are in my life now, I think I will try and preserve this all in my heart forever." I kissed her lips and then her forehead. And then I left her room. I don't deserve to touch her like that. It was my fault she almost died, twice. I should have heeded Neev's warning. If I wasn't jealous enough then, or if I wasn't so much selfish then... She wouldn't have been in danger.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. And I looked at her. "Was this the dress you were referring to?" I looked at the floral light blue dress. "How did you knew it was the dress I was aiming for?" She shrugged. "Blue is your color." "Gee, did my eyes told you so?" I joked. "And your phone cover, your shirts, your room, your décor, even the office has blue in it. So, I happened to notice." I chuckled. "If you leave, I am going to miss you really."

She gave me my wallet and I accepted it. "Why? Because I am a good worker? I do all your work and you haven't thought of giving me a raise?" I asked. "no, I miss this, talking to you. You are a good listener and you are a great friend. I like spending time with you." She looked at me with her big sad eyes. "that's it Ronit, you like me. I really want my husband to love me and that too be unconditional. I know it is too much to ask for, but I have only this wish." She whispered. "And you cannot do that Ronit, your heart can never give me that unconditional love and love you will show to my body will fade eventually."

I wish I could tell her, that her body wasn't the thing that I found most attractive it was all of her. Especially her eyes. I found her eyes to be the most striking feature of her whole persona. But then again, she will never believe it. She is suspicious by nature. So, I stood up and followed her quietly.

"So, how we are going to going to go out?" She asked me. I held her hand and took her to the garage. "This is how," I told her. "Don't tell me is that mine too?" "Take a wild guess Shehzaadi," I told her and she jumped at me. I caught her on time. That wasn't a reaction I was thinking of having from her. "Thank you, now that is something I can accept." Something she can accept. "That's great, so you are into expensive cars" She pulled back. "No, I am into cars, I always wished I could own one. I don't care if it is expensive or it is second-hand, anything is fine really."

"What is your favorite ride?" I asked her. "The Jeep, the one they used for Safari in India, that place Ranthambhore, I thought I could go once I am in Delhi as a weekend trip, maybe take Neev with me. Or my mother." What do I have to do to make her list? "That can be arranged, I mean we are crossing off your list, next time we are in India we are going on a safari," I told her. "I don't think we are going to be together that long. And about the car, I like to know how much it cost you." "So, you can pay me back, yes?" I asked her.

"I don't think so. You are my wife, I am your husband, still, you are my wife, you married me. So, I can gift you anything I like to and you will accept it." I told her. "But I cannot, it is wrong." I shook my head. "You would have accepted it if Neev brought this to you?" I asked. "Neev knows that I do not fare with expensive things." She said to me. "Please, you need to respect my wishes to Ronit." She told me. "Then I shall buy you a jeep. Once we reach India." She shook her head. I didn't further proceed with my words.