15

Ronit

I left Anvi and instructed the guards that in any circumstances they must not leave her alone. I drove towards the restaurant I have booked for Tanvi's birthday. But for some reason, I had this restlessness inside me. And it wasn't certainly from excitement.

 But the nature of it was the opposite of that feeling. It was dread that was gripping me. I had this feeling that I cannot ignore that something bad was about to happen.

I stopped the car and decided to check on Anvi. But as I tried, I couldn't find my phone anywhere. I must have left it back at the house. I took a u-turn and return towards the penthouse.

 As I reached, I heard my guard's voice about the car not being mine. My head turned towards the voice. And I saw few people were forcing Anvi inside the car. Without thinking twice, I put on the seat belt and pressed on the accelerator as they drove away.

Anvi, I need to save her. She is in grave danger and I cannot let something bad happen to her. I pressed on the accelerator trying to catch up with them. I needed to save her. I have promised Neev that I will never let anything happen to her.

 I have promised Anvi I will never leave her alone. I have to keep both of those promises. I saw an intersection coming up and an utterly dangerous life-threatening idea came into my mind. I can stop them I just have to hit them hard. And this isn't going to be easy.

I droved through the side where the intersection was supposed to go on four-ways so. I came up with the red light. But there was no traffic at that time. I waited for them to emerge at the intersection. Then I saw the black car which Anvi was into. I pressed my foot on the accelerator and drove towards the car. It may not even work but it is worth a try. I opened my door and as it neared the car I jumped out.

The car collided with their's at a hundred and ten miles per hour of speed knocking them off course and it begins to move in a circle. Round and round before it came to an immediate stop. It got toppled over the sidewalk and I saw someone struggling to get out of there. 

So, I decided to help them. I pulled her towards me and she screamed. I put my hand on her mouth she looked at me shocked. But there wasn't any time to celebrate our victory. Her captures too were getting up.

I let her go and held her hand and I ran. I have no idea where I am. I don't have my phone that I can call someone. "wait, wait I cannot run in these shoes" She said, and then she took the shoes off and looked at the girl looking at us.

 A homeless girl. Not older than she is. "I can give you these shoes if you show us someplace to hide. The girl nodded and showed us a dark alley. Perfect. How on earth does she come up with all these ideas?

But there wasn't any time to waste so, I just took her hand and hid in the alley. She looked so frightened. The alley was dark except for little light that was giving me enough vision to saw her face which was frightened. "Do you have your phone?" I asked. She handed me something. "I took it off them, they confiscated mine." Clever girl.

I called the police telling them to trace our call so that they can find us. But the relief was short-lived because I heard the men reach past us. I pushed her against the wall and placed my hand on her mouth. But at that time to I cannot get the feel of her body pressed against mine. It somehow felt too good for my liking. She looked confused but she didn't push me away.

Then she suddenly pushed me away. I didn't get any time to register as she whispered "Run" I felt someone pulling her away from me. They have found us. I saw something on the floor.

 A branch and I picked it up driving it hard against the man when his hold falters, we begin to run yet again. We have to get to someplace secure before more bad things happen to both of us. And I am not sure I am ready for more yet.