19

Ronit

I felt restricted because my arm was put on the cast. It was more than a bruise. My arm was hurt badly. But not enough to restrict me like this. But one good thing came out of this. I had gotten opportunities to call upon my wife from time to time. Like right now.

 "Anvi" I called. She walked inside my cabin. "Yes Mr. Bajaj" I heard her voice say. "I am thirsty." She poured some water for me and gave it to me. I took it and drank it a little placing it on my table. "And in pain" She stood up and gone inside the room. I heard her shuffling through the cabinet.

"Here sir, take this. But let me warn you it will make you dizzy and sleepy." I popped them in my mouth. "Thank you Anvi. Now if I feel sleepy, I will call you." She said nothing and turned around to leave. "Actually..." She turned around and looked at me angrily. "You know what will cure your pain? Why don't you call your girlfriend? Rather than ordering me here to take care of you?" She looks cuter when she gets angry like this.

"You are my secretary she is my girlfriend here in the office. And frankly, she will make a terrible secretary. She cannot make heads or tales of the office management. You are the best I have ever." I told her. "You shouldn't be getting addicted to this pampering. My time here is limited. Not everyone will pamper you." Nice of you to say that. I like being pampered by you Anvi.

 "I need you to go shopping for me, pick up a nice-looking tux for me and my brother, can you do that? I think you know our size very well. And I would like you to pick a nice dress for Tanvi and send it to her apartment with an apology. Also, pick something for yourself." I pulled out my black card. "This will help Mrs. Bajaj."

"Call your personal shopper, I know you have one." I laughed at that. If anyone other than her talked to me in this tone they would have been fired on spot. But her, she is the one I want to keep. I want to keep it with me.

"Very well Mrs. Bajaj. I will but whatever I pick you to have to wear, whatever it is." She looked me in the eyes. "I know you are going to enjoy this, but it would only be a one-time thing, Mr. Bajaj." She walked towards the door just as she was about to go out, I called. "I think I am sleepy." She muttered something under her breath before turning around and walking towards me.

"Anvi" I called as she was working on her laptop. She craned her neck from the couch to look in my direction. Annoyance was dripping off from her gestures. I had annoyed her to her limits and she is going to snap any moment now. "Yes, Mr. Bajaj" I moved a little from the bed she placed me after we came home. And I made a pained face. She was instantly by my side. "Don't move, you will hurt yourself. Remember the doctor told you to rest up your arm? Tell me what you need." She said panicking. She panics over little things.

"I am fine, just a little discomfort nothing else," I told her. "Don't move please, it is certainly paining you." I touched her face. "I am not in pain. Not any more than you are here next to me. You are taking care of me to the best of your knowledge. And I cannot say I hate being pampered like a child." She gave me an annoyed expression. "You think putting yourself in front of a bullet deliberately is a joke." That had remained me how she was able to operate that weapon that I haven't told anyone even Neev about.

"Alright, next time we happen to run into a thug or a criminal, you can put yourself in the line of fire. I will not say anything. Then we will be even." I proposed. "Sure thing. Now please go to sleep if you want to look well for Tanvi tomorrow." Her name sent an ache through my heart. Last night when I had been with her, she was angry at me. How can I make it work? She doesn't trust me. Why cannot she be more like Anvi, relaxed and easy-going for a change?

"You don't look happy hearing her name" I am in awe of her habit of being this much familiar with my moods. No one happens to do that. No one happens to know about my mood. "We fought last night. She complained that I spend too much time with you nowadays." She did say those exact same words. I am not cheating on her. I am not sleeping around.