7

Ronit

I felt her words ringing in my mind, that she can never ever want someone as me as her husband. No one ever rejected me this way. No one said that to my face that they do not want me. Everyone always respected me. Everyone adored the work I did. She didn't even look at me once. It made me wonder if she had met me any other way would she ever have taken any interest at me at all?

Tanvi walked towards my penthouse. "Tanvi, where are you going?" I asked seeing her picking her bag from the couch. "you need not care Ronit. If you have cared then you have thought twice before taking her here." She asked. "No, you couldn't defy your mother's command. You can break my heart very well. And that shameless girl dares to say all those things to me. She will seduce you and she will trap you into something you cannot get out of."

"She cannot trap me until I want to be trapped Tanvi. I love you; you must believe in my commitment towards you. You must know, that there are more to this whole story. She is a victim as much as I was." I held her hand in mine. "We were at a bad place. And this was the only way out." She pulled her hand back. "Says who?" And then she walked away slamming the door on the way out making me flinch.

I looked at the time it was five minutes to eight. I need to go to the office. My stomach growled in hunger. Normally, Tanvi had instructed my chef to prepare something in advance. But today she didn't. Now, I am clueless about what to do without her around. And then my hand landed on my ring finger. I left her alone. I promised my brother I would not leave her alone.

I walked down to her apartment quickly. And found it was locked. Maybe she is inside doing something. I pulled my set of keys and opened it. And I found it silent. But there was a plate waiting for someone. Her breakfast? Did she not eat before leaving? Was it because of the fight in the morning? I saw a card beside the plate. It says for husband. For me? But why would she make a plate knowing I may never eat it.

And where is she anyway? I called her name and searched everywhere. She had left too. The women in my life are frustrating. Each and every one of them is not going to stop till I go crazy. I picked up the plate eating. At least this one knows how to make a mean meal. I should thank her later. That is if I can locate her. I do not want to find her missing on the first day she is in this country.

I got to my car but then I called my driver to know if she was with him. He informed me that it wasn't her, it was Tanvi who was in the car and they were headed towards the mall. She wanted to drown her anger with shopping. How well I know her, how well I know her habits. But to my greatest disappointment, she isn't the one I am looking for.

I am looking for the woman, who stated clearly even if the situation prevails, she does not wish to do anything with me. "Did you saw Anvi, the girl I came in here with last night?" I asked the guard finally. "Yes, Mam took a taxi, sir." Taxi to where? Some attraction, someplace to eat, to shop? Where could she have gone?

My phone rang and I picked it up getting frustrated without getting any clues about my wife. "Sir, there is a girl name Anvi here, she told us that she is your newly appointed secretary?" I breathed in and released it. She is at the office. "Yes, show her my cabin and tell her I will be there in few minutes. Whatever you do, do not let her out of that building." I instructed; I cannot afford to lose her. "Yes sir" I cut the call and walked towards my car.

I walked inside the office. It was like I was walking into the chaos. I was gone just three days. Three days and this happens. Not just my life is in chaos, my work-life descent into chaos as well. I walked towards my cabin hoping to see Anvi. She was sitting put on the chair talking to someone. "Yes, I know, I know. Don't worry Neev, I am fine. Nothing happened."

Why is it that every time I find her, there she is always talking to my brother? Why she always talking to him always? "Neev, you are worrying just like that, I am fine really. You do not have to leave everything and come here. It is not fair to be this much protective. Not all the time." What are they talking about? Why my own brother would be this much protective? That doesn't make any sense at all.