32

Anvi

His words made me feel guilty. I am not doing everything I should make sure that he was happy too. What he has asked me anyway? He wants me to stay. But what choice do I have here? Sooner or later, he will find out the truth about me. The truth that Neev knows. Even he knows half of it. But somehow, for some reason, I think he too isn't aware of the full-fledged mess I call my life.

"Anvi" I heard my husband call me. "I cannot find my cufflinks again" It made me wonder whether he does all this on purpose to get me close or not. Yet I cannot believe that the Ronit Bajaj, wolf of Industrialists can actually call me just so that he can have a glimpse. I saw he was looking at the cufflinks which I had kept on the side table as I have done daily.

"Anvi, Pari, I am getting late." He shook his head. And muttered something under his breath. "Pari I am..." he paused and then looked at me. Instantly he looked down with a guilty expression. "I..." "You were lying, you can see the cufflinks where I have put them," I said and he looked again with guilt. "I am..." I took the cufflinks and placed them in his hands which he held in his.

"Let go" I whispered. "Why shall I? I have a limited amount of time with my wife and I want to use it wisely." He touched my cheek making me shiver. Making me remember that night in Hawaii. Something I will never ever forget. "Then you shall make some memories to remember me with." His phone rang and he picked it up. "Hello" I didn't get to hear what he was talking about.

"Cancel it, I am not coming in today. I think you can handle the shipment." Then he listened in for a moment with utter stillness. "No, I am not coming in. That is not up for discussion. Forward everything to my secretary and my wife Mrs. Anvi Bajaj. If she approves, we will have a go. And did you get the details of the courses I asked you to?" Courses? What for? "Yes, the aeronautics division what else. Tell them I will pay what it takes. I will buy the whole division..."

He paused and looked at me "well actually, how fast can we buy it?" What is he trying to do? "Good, make it in ten. And make sure that she has a spot on that committee. I want nothing but best for my Pari" He cut the call and I was still looking at him with confusion. "What was that about?" I asked. "You will find out soon enough, now about that memory." He began unbuttoning his shirt.

"I... I thought you were leaving" My mouth felt dry. He chuckled as I licked my lips to keep them from drying. My heart begins to race. "What are you doing?" He pulled me closer and he put my hands behind my back holding them tightly. "I am not going to touch you until you let me again. Then why are you so afraid?" I looked away "I am not afraid of your touch. I am afraid if you touch me, I will lose every self-control I have." He let me go.

"I am not forcing you. But you are welcome to do the opposite." I looked at him. His blue eyes were shining. "I am not going to do that," I told him. "Are you sure Shehzaadi after all who can oppose your rule?" He asked playfully. I started to hit on his chest. "You are so bad, so bad. I am not..." My hand slowly touched a fading scar. A scar he has because he was trying to be a hero and protect me.

"How can you forgive me? you could have died." I whispered. "How can I not? Because of you, I have survived. The truth is we are both broken and damaged goods. We both are afraid to show our scars. But today Anvi, I am baring mine to you. I am bearing every scar too you. For I am not afraid to show you, my truth. And I know when you are ready you will show yours too to me." He touched my cheek. "You and I are two halves of the same picture. We fit perfectly together."

Then he kissed me and I kissed him back. He pulled back kissing on top of my head leaning his against mine. "I love you so much Anvi" That sentence sends a wave of warmth through me. "I want you forever to be Anvi Bajaj, my wife my better half. I want to call you mine. And I want to remain yours till the day I..." "Don't. No one is dying here." I told placing my finger on his lips. "I am dying in here without your love Anvi. Stop running away. I just wish you trust me once."