33

Ronit

I have messed up once again. And to think of it, all was going so well with me and Anvi. But I opened my mouth and let my anger get the best of me. Now she will never let me get close to her. She will never share anything with me and she will never trust me again with herself. Why do I do it? Why do I always hurt her?

I walked into the bar and ordered something strong for myself. I know I told myself that I will never ever drink again. Now I need it. I don't know how to salvage my relationship with her. Everything I do somehow turns out to be the wrong thing. And now I am on the verge of breaking down.

I looked at the glass of amber liquid and all I saw was her face. She was disappointed in me. Now for more than before. It is like I cannot do anything right. When it comes to her, my judgment fails. And as it does so is my ability to do anything right. I do not know what I can do to make it all right. I have no one to get help from and no way to know what can I o to make it all better. When it comes to her all my logic fails.

"A cure for heartbreak" I heard the bartender say. "It is not my heart I am afraid of breaking. It is hers. I don't know what to do. How to make her believe that I will not" He patted my back. "Women are from Venus, that is why they have such hot temper, my friend." He said looking at me. 

"That she has, the hot temper but then again, if she behaved as I had I wouldn't have trusted myself with her as well. I know where she is coming from but I still wished she had trusted me just a little bit." I wonder what have happened if she hadn't pushed me away. Instead, she would have pulled me to her. She would have loved me. But then again, her resentment towards me is not totally unjustified at all.

"Go home and make sure you calm that fiery temper of hers." He advised. "I am afraid she won't be waiting for me." She might have to hug my brother and telling him how badly I have behaved yet again. And I cannot walk on to that. I cannot. "I don't know if I should. If she resents me for doing that." He patted my back. 

"You have to have courage, my friend." I smiled at that. "Probably you are right." I took the drink and drowned it. Then paid him and walked out. All thoughts were about her now that were revolving in my mind.

"Mr. Ronit Bajaj?" A man asked. A man I certainly do not know. "Yes, I am that person, who is asking?" I asked walked towards my car. "It is a fair warning. What had almost happened twice can happen again. If I was you, I would let her go." He walked away with that cryptic message. Then I realized he was talking about Anvi. Now, I have to know. So, I followed him. But he got lost in the crowd.

I need to reach to my wife. I had this horrible feeling inside. I needed to reach her. So, I drove as fast as the traffic and streets can let me. I tried to call her again and again. But she didn't pick up my phone. I need to be there. I need to know. I have to go and meet my wife. She could be in danger. I drove towards the house. I drove as fast as I can. I parked the car and ran towards my apartment.

Once inside I begin to call her name. She didn't reply and that made me panic. Was she hurt? Did something bad happen to her? "Anvi" I called again. She came out towel wrapped around her head. "I was in the shower." She told me. "It is ten at night," I told her. "I was busy cleaning up and..." I pulled her closer and kissed her. She was taken aback.

"Ronit, are you alright?" She asked. "No, I am not. I messed up; I am so sorry that I have messed up like that. Her arms go around me and she hugged me. "Ronit, what happened? why are you so anxious." She asked me. "Yes, I am. I am sorry for how I behaved. I am sorry for pushing you into this but Shehzadi, I cannot live without you. I rather die at this point than live a life that does not have you. I am sorry, I shouldn't be saying this, I shouldn't be."