Part seventy-seven

So something happened and now I have to republish a bunch of chapters. Ugh!!!!!

One month later.
(Chloe's PVO)

"How are you?" Alexis asked. "How are you really? I want the truth."

"I don't know. I'm fine, I guess." I shrugged.

"Chloe. You do know, that as your therapist, I can only do my job if you actually tell me, right?" Alexis raised her eyebrow.

"Yes. I know that." I sighed slumping onto the couch. I stared at the kitchen where Wanda riffled through the freezer with headphones on.

"Can we talk about your dream from a few months ago?" I looked back at Alexis.

"You mean the one that was caused by me blacking out because I slipped and hit my head?" She nodded. "Okay. What about it?"

"I want you to explain it to me again."

"Again? Don't you have it written down somewhere?" Alexis laughed at me. "I'm so happy that you find my pain funny."

"No. I want you to tell it to me again because sometimes when we retell dreams after a while, the details can change." She explained.

"Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?"

"It depends. Why don't you tell me about it again and then I'll decide." I nodded knowing she was right.

"Well I was getting out of the shower, and I saw this corpse in the mirror. So I turned around, slipped, and hit my head. Then I woke up in this hallway, and there was this light at the end of it. So I walked towards it, but someone was laughing. And then this person walked out of the light and I realized it was Luke. He was laughing at me and said, 'What do you think you're doing? It's not your time yet.' or something or other. I don't remember the exact words.

"Anyways, then he said that I had to wake up, cause it wasn't my time yet. That I couldn't go with him, and that he couldn't go with me. That it was all a dream and I had to wake up. Then he told me, 'I wish I could explain, but something is going to happen soon, and you need to know that everything is going to change.'

"And then he told me that I had to trust him. He said, 'Just trust me one last time. Will you trust me just this one last time?', so I said yes, and then he went back into the light, and then I woke up." Alexis nodded her head thoughtfully. "That's the abridged version."

"You do know that not telling me everything can make it harder for me to do you my job right?" She smirked.

"Yes. I know that, but I don't think you want to hear about how much I missed him, or how I kissed the ghost of my dead boyfriend." I crossed my arms with a coy smile on my face.

"True. But you just did." Alexis pointed out and I threw my head back laughing.

"I guess I just did. Oh well." I threw my arms up in the air in defeat with a laugh.

I looked out the window and calmed down. "Chloe, what do you think the white light represented?" I turned back to my therapist.

"The afterlife, I'm assuming. I mean he has been dead for a few years. And considering that this 'dream' was brought on by a head injury, I think it's safe to assume that I almost died. And to be honest, if he had told me I go with him, I probably would've." I confessed.

"You would have?"

"Yeah...if he had given me the option, I probably would have gone with him. And no, that doesn't mean I'm suicidal. So don't even start writing that down." I pointed a finger at her.