Part eighty-nine

Later.
(Chloe's POV)

I was sitting in the back corner of my cell and the blinking light from the camera was starting to piss me off. Blink. Blink. Blink. Just shut up already! All it did was blink. Why?

I vaguely heard the sound of a door open and close. That was followed by clapping. "The Futurist, lady's and gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all. He knows what's best for you, wether you like it or not." Clint announced sarcastically.

"Shut up, Clint!" I fired back. After a moment I heard, surprisingly, Tony.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea there were gonna put you here." He defended. "Come on."

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony." Clint spat.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating pokey. You know, this is a place for maniacs. This is a place for-"

"Criminals? Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word your looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda, or Chloe. But here we are." Clint interrupted.

"Because you broke the law." Tony reasoned.

"Yeah."

"I didn't make you."

"La, la, la, la, la..." Clint made fun of Tony.

"You read it, you broke it."

"La, la, la, la, la..."

"Alright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" Tony chided.

"You gotta watch your back with this guy! There's a chance he might break it!" Clint yelled as he slammed, what I'm guessing was his fist, on the glass.

"Hank Pym always said you never could trust a Stark." Scott said.

"Who are you? Tony asked.

"Come on man."

Tony came into view of my cell shortly. I had my head leaning against the wall of my cell with my head to the side so I didn't have to look at him. "How are you?" He asked.

Turning my gaze to him I glared. "How do you think?" I sneered. "I'm in a prison cell in the middle of the ocean, in a straight jacket, and a shock collar. I've been drugged, abandoned, betrayed, and put in the one place I hate more than anything. So what do you think?"

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I didn't know you would end up here." Tony frowned sadly.

"No, but you knew they would put us somewhere. And you knew how I would react. You just didn't care! All you could see was what was happening to you, and you didn't care about how anyone else would feel or react!" I yelled. "All that mattered to you was your stupid accords. And look where they got us."

Tony looked at me solemnly. "I am sorry Chloe. I just-"

"You just what? What? You want to know something, Tony? I don't care. I don't care what you have to say to me. To any of us. So, you know what? Screw you. Screw you, Tony Stark." I hissed harshly.