Part one-hundred and twenty-two

(Chloe's POV)

I was sitting on the stairs of Pepper and Tony's cabin when Harley sat next to me. "Hey," He smiled.

"Hi," I said weakly.

"You okay?" I shook my head and covered my face with my hands.

I was determined not to cry.

"Hey, it's okay," Harley rubbed my back in slow circles as I realized I was crying.

Crap.

"I didn't want to cry anymore," I said through my hands.

"It's okay. It's fair. What's going on?" Harley asked.

I shook my head. "I-I would love to tell you, but I'd sound crazy,"

Harley nodded. "I don't mind crazy, but you don't have to tell me, I get the whole superhero thing comes with its downsides." I smiled at his understanding.

"Chloe?" Lila appeared in front of us. "Mom says we're leaving. Did you want to ride with us?"

I wiped my cheeks. "No, it's okay. I'll ride with Clint, thank you though."

"Okay," Lila seemed like she wanted to ask something so I stood and hugged her quickly before sitting back down again. Lila turned and walked away, grabbing Nate's hand as he waited for her.

"I'm sorry I hurt you," I turned to Harley, apologizing. "I just–"

"Hey, it's okay. I forgave you a long time ago. It's okay," I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"You're an amazing guy. I'm sorry I was so stupid."

"You weren't stupid, you were scared and you were doing what you thought was best. I can't fault you for that." Harley wrapped an arm around me and we just sat there.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see Bucky. Harley looked between me and Bucky before standing. "I still have your number. Can I text you?" He asked with a smile.

"Sure," I returned it, and his widened.

"Cool. I'll see you later then," I nodded. "I'm really sorry about your mom too, Chloe."

"Thanks. Me too," I watched him leave before turning to Bucky with an annoyed face. "Now I know what it's like to have a Dad." I sighed annoyed as Bucky sat next to me.

"You'll get over it, don't worry." He laughed before his face became stony. "Did Steve talk to you?"

"Yeah, he did."

"He tell you the plan?"

"Yeah. He's not coming back though, is he?" I looked at him, tears forming again.

"I don't think so, no," Bucky confirmed. I bit my lip and blinked away the tears. I really didn't want to lose anyone else.

"It's not fair," I said sounding like a little kid.

"No, it's not," Bucky agreed. "But it is his choice."

"Well, it's the wrong choice. It's a stupid choice. He's being stupid."

"I agree, but we can't stop him. This is all on him." Bucky remained me.

"Still," I said annoyed.

"I know," I glanced at Bucky who was watching Steve talk with Sam and Bruce.

—————————

A few days later. What used to be the Avengers compound.