Part seventy

(Chloe's POV)

For the rest of the week Harley and I hung around until he had to go back home. Once he did, I sat down and called Cooper.

I wanted an explanation on the whole moving situation.

After the third ring he picked up. "Hey." He answered.

"Hi mister."

"What's up?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Not much. How about you tell me why the heck your moving?" I demanded and he laughed.

"Well apparently there are a lot of reasons." He said not giving me much to work on.

"Okay. Like what?" I asked probing for more.

"Well now that I'm sharing a room with Nate, it's kinda getting small in our room. There was also an accident with the plumbing. So that's that. And then dad's pretty sure that there are termites in the walls." He explained and I was shocked.

"Wow. Okay. First off, I can understand the whole room situation. Secondly, how come you didn't tell me you had a thing with the plumbing? And third, you have what in you walls?!" I voiced my concern.

"Yeah...I don't know why I didn't tell you. It was this whole thing. And it didn't happen very long ago. And dad thinks that it's termites." He replied.

"Termites?"

"Yeah. You know those bugs that eat through like wood and stuff? They're crazy hard to get rid of." He told me.

"Yes Cooper. I know what termites are. So is that why your moving?" I asked concerned for their safety.

"Yeah. I think we're moving in like a month or so. And I know mom would really appreciate it if you could come help. But don't tell her I told you that." He told me.

"Well I will see what I can do. But I would love to come help."

"Cooper I need help with my toys." I heard Lila on the other end of the phone.

"I'm on the phone with Chloe right now Lila. I'll be there in a minute though. Okay?" Cooper replied.

"Really? Hi Chloe!" Lila called.

"Hi Lila!" I smiled.

"She says hi Lila. Now go away. I'll be there in a minute." Cooper told the little girl and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What do you think is so funny?" Cooper asked sounding half hurt half annoyed.

"Just be nice." I simply said.

"I am being nice!" He defended.

"Okay. I'll let you go help. I will talk to mom about it and see if I can come down and help." I told him.

Saying goodbye, I hung up and just sat there. I didn't really know what to do. Sure I should probably go ask mom about going to help them pack, but I just want in the mood.

Sighing, I picked myself up off the couch I was sitting in and walked down to the training area.

I could hear the sounds of people grunting and crashes. Looking through the glass separating me from the room full of obstacles, I could see Steve, Wanda, and Sam all training together.

Sam was fighting a bunch of holograms, while Wanda boosted Steve up in the air and over to a hologram.

From the looks of it, it wasn't going as well as it could.