Part thirty-three

(Chloe's POV)

"There you are. Where'd you two get off too?" Mom asked as we walked in with Vision right behind us.

"They were hiding down by the pool, Agent Romanoff." Vision said and I blushed slightly.

"I'm surprised that the two of  aren't soaking wet." Clint joked.

I laughed awkwardly glancing at Cooper and then back at mom and she gave me a weird look.

                       ———————

"So..." I looked up from my book to see mom plopping on one of the couches in the sitting area.

"So what?" I asked turning my attention back to my book.

I was reading The Hunger Games now. It was actually really good.

You know, besides the kids killing kids thing. But I think that's why I liked it. I understood what it was like to be in that situation.

"So...what happened between you and Cooper?" I looked at her with curiosity.

"What do you mean? Nothing happened between us." I lied knowing full well that something did happen.

"Something did happen." She smiled.

Ew!

"Mom! Ew! Gross! I'm-I'm going to go and-and try and get what you just said out of my head!" I said closing my book and phased through the floor.

Gross! Bleh!

                      ———————

Chamonix, France. January 19, 2015.

I sat on my bed listening to her crying. There was nothing I could do right now. I could hug her. I could talk to her. I could only listen.

That was the worse part; having to listen. Having to listen to her cry until she falls asleep.

That's the worst.

She's cried ever since Zari died. That messed her up really bad. They were really close. Closer then they probably should have been. But who am I to judge. When you live like we do, you have to take love where you can get it.

I think that she thought that Zari would be the last one. But she's not. We are. And I'm afraid that if she keeps this up, it'll only be me left.

I looked up as the door opened. In front of me stood the vile and cruel Dr. Raymond Zerks. He had a cruel smirk on his face. Sometimes I just wanted to punch him in the face.

That's how bad he was.

"Time to go." He said with his hands clasped behind his back.

I got off the bed and walked towards him but was stopped by a pair of guards. I looked at them realizing what they wanted.

I waited as they put a collar around my neck. I felt the pulse of electricity that meant that the collar was on, surge through my body.