Part fifty-one

January 16th.
(Chloe's POV)

I woke up to my alarm blaring. I sighed staring at the ceiling. Stretching sat up and looked around.

That's when I saw it.

Sitting at the foot of my bed, was an cream colored envelope.

Weird.

I crawled over and grabbed it. Turning it in my hands, I opened it. I pulled out a piece of paper from inside it and saw the neat little handwriting.

___________________________
   Go to the place where you shower.
___________________________

Huh.

I walked into my bathroom and saw another envelope sitting by the sink.

Inside was another letter, this time it said,
___________________________
   Go to the place with the most food.
___________________________

The kitchen. Easy.

I continued doing this for about an hour. Going to the conference room, to the pool, even up to the roof.

Finally, one of the pieces of paper said,
___________________________
Go to the place where your oldest friend is.
___________________________

Oldest friend? Oh.

I walked down to the hospital section of the compound and walked to Jamie's room.

I dropped all the envelopes and papers I was hold in terror.

Jamie was gone!

On the bed was another envelope. Inside was again, you guessed it, another piece of paper.
___________________________
Go back to where you started today.
___________________________

What does that even mean? The place where I started? Oh!

I ran through the compound phasing through walls until I was outside my room.

The door was closed. Which was weird because I didn't close it.

I opened the door slowly, reaching my hand across the wall for the light switch. Flipping the switch, light flooded the room, and all of the sudden the words 'happy birthday' were yelled.

Standing in my room, was mom, Steve, Sam, Wanda, Vision, and...Jamie?

I stood there shocked at what happened.

I mean I knew it was a game of some sort, I also knew it had something to do with my birthday, but I was not expecting Jamie to be awake. Or in my room.

The next few hours were a blur really. There was hugging, some presents, a cake, it was a ice cream cake, singing, Clint, Laura and the kids called, I got a present from them too, trying on the new clothes I got, and finally after all that, I talked to Jamie.

Except this time he actually answered.

"Joyeux anniversaire petite soeur." He smiled at me as I hugged him.

"Merci"

————————

January 20th.

I sat up in bed with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I wasn't sick, I wasn't hurt, I wasn't hungry, so what was wrong?

I slid out of bed and quietly walked out of my room. I looked up and down the hall.

I walked to moms room, opening it slightly so that I could see inside.