Part fifty-seven

Three hours later. Latvia.
(Chloe's POV)

All things considered, Latvia was actually gorgeous. And cold.

I rode with Sam looking at the buildings and taking in the city.

There was snow covering the buildings, and the streets.

Mom and Steve dropped us off on Zaķusala; a strip of land in the Daugava River, across from Riga.

Riga is the Capital of Latvia for all you  who didn't know.

Sam drove the motorcycle that we brought, through the snow dusted street. My arms were wrapped around his waist when I saw something.

Or rather someone.

"Stop the bike." I tapped his shoulder.

"What?" He looked back at me momentarily and then back at road.

"Stop stop stop!" I yelled smacking his shoulder with each 'stop'.

"Alright. Alright! Jeez! Don't freak out!" He pulled over and I got off.

"I'll be right back." I said walking off.

There was a bunch of tents set up with people walking around. Everyone was wearing warm clothes.

Bundled up for their trips outside.

There was a family selling fresh bread, a woman buying a rug, a mother walking with his son, a little girl handing out pieces of paper.

Said little girl walked up to me with a paper held out in front of her.

"Paldies." I said taking it from her.

It was a flyer for...homemade...clothes?

I'm a little rusty on my Latvian.

"Nav par ko." She smiled and kept walking.

I turned my attention back to my quest. Taking a quick look back at Sam, I continued my trek into the snow covered, slightly crowded street.

I was now very happy I was wearing thick pants, long sleeves, snow boots, and a winter coat.

I followed a man in a baseball hat, and a snow coat. I followed him to one of the food vendors.

I stood in front of a vegetable vendor 'looking' at the produce. The man had brown hair that went down to his chin, and for a second I thought it was...

The man turned around and I didn't recognize him.

Never mind.

I was about to leave when I spotted it.

I walked a little farther following another man. He stopped at the plum stand and picked up a handful.

Ah ha.

I pulled the hood of my coat over my head covering my braided hair. I walked towards the man and bumped into his arm.

"Žēl." I apologized in Latvian, and he turned to look at me; I ducked my head so that he couldn't see my face though.

"Ir...labi." He replied slowly as I walked away.

"Uh huh. I thought so." I mumbled to myself.

The guy I bumped into, his arm, it was hard. And not fleshy muscly hard, metal hard.

I sent Sam a text telling him I would meet him at the museum, but I had to do something.