Part one-hundred and three

(Chloe's POV)

I collapsed to the ground as a throbbing pain made itself known in my head. I clutched the side of my head in pain but didn't say anything. I felt Mom set her hand on my shoulder as she checked on me.

"Your nose is bleeding." She quickly got a piece of gauze and handed it to me. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I lied as I held the gauze up to my nose.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm okay Mom," I reassured her. She nodded and helped me stand up before moving away.

Between dropping off Wanda, and the emergency stop with Sam in Italy, I was exhausted as beyond spent. I leaned against the wall and felt a wave of nausea hit me. I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat as the ramp lowered. "Let's go," Steve said and Mom and I followed him down the ramp.

Heat hit my skin and I used that to focus on instead of the pain building in my head. I walked behind Mom slowly as we approached the figures waiting for us. King T'Challa stood waiting for us with a girl who looked about the same age as me, and a woman with an intricate design on her head, and a spear in her hand.

"Captain Rogers," T'Challa held out a hand, and Steve took it.

"T'Challa. Thank you for having us." Steve thanked him.

"Of course. What can we do for you?"

"We have an odd request." Mom said.

"I'm sure whatever it is, Shuri can do it." T'Challa motioned to the girl standing next to him.

                         ——————————

"It should be done in a few minutes. The video was pretty corrupted." Shuri said handing me another tissue as we stood in her lab.

"Thanks for doing this." I smiled holding the tissue up to my nose.

It had yet to stop bleeding and I could tell she was getting concerned.

"Of course. Besides the corruption, it's not that hard. Are you sure you're alright?" She asked.

"Yeah." I lied.

"Your eyes are black." She commented. My eyes widened in surprise and fear. I turned my head in shame.

"How does that happen?" She asked like it was no big deal. Like it was something cool.

"I-I don't know," I replied looking down at the blood-stained tissue.

"It's alright, you know. I don't mind. It's just a little weird, that's all." Shuri laid something in my lap before walking away. I looked at the mirror she set on my legs.

She didn't care that I couldn't stop it.

The realization hit me like a train and I smiled. I held the mirror up and glanced at my reflection. My eyes were indeed black. My hair seemed to have a shine that it normally didn't. It almost looked like it was glowing.

Great.

"Has your nose stopped bleeding yet?" Shuri asked from her computer.

I pulled the tissue away from my nose. "Yes. Thank you for the tissues. Sorry about the mess." I apologized gathering up the pile of bloody tissues.

"Don't worry about it. You're not the first broken white person to come through here." she smiled pointing to a metal bin that I assumed was the trash.

"How is he? Our broken white boy?" I asked making her laugh.