Part one-hundred and fourteen

The people have spoken, so here it is😁Spoiler warning for black panther wakanda forever a little bit into this chapter. It's nothing huge, but if you haven't seen the credit scene for Wakanda forever, it'll spoil it for you, so sorry in advance.

(Chloe's POV)

I've seen killer robots, gods from outer space, and a kid with spider powers, I've gone through years of torture, and I've nearly died too many times for me to count. And yet, after all of that, the thing that freaks me out is a giant flying hovercraft thingy made by the Wakandans.

Why? Who knows, it just does.

I was standing next to Mom, holding onto her arm tighter than I probably should have been, but I was almost falling over so I don't care. "How we looking, Bruce?" She asked.

I looked behind us at the red shape of the price in an Iron Man suit variation. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." He came flying forward toward us with a laugh. "Wow! This is amazing man! It's like being the Hulk without actually-"

I laughed as the metal shape of Bruce faceplanted into the ground with a thud. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"Shush," Mom scolded although she had a smile on her face as well.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey said flying ahead with Sam to the edge of the domed force field.

Mom and I jumped off the ship and walked toward Steve where a line of Wakandans were currently getting ready for battle. "Thank you for standing with us." T'Challa shook hands with a man in fur and armor. The man responded in a language I didn't understand but it seemed like he said you're welcome.

"Stay here," Mom said as she, Steve, and T'Challa walked forward to the very edge of the dome. I nodded and stood next to Bucky, his gun in hand as he watched the three walk forward.

Skip this part if you don't want the spoiler!

"You think we'll get out of this okay?" I asked him.

He looked at me, then back at Steve. "I do."

"Is that a lie to make me feel better?"

"Maybe," I smiled slightly at his honesty.

I flinched at the sudden noise of the giant metal ship-like machines moving. I watched as the tops came up in horror.

"He's got a kid you know," Bucky said.

"Who?" I asked but he didn't respond.

"They surrender?" He asked as Steve, Mom, and T'Challa made their way back to stand with us.

"Not exactly."

I walked over to T'Challa and looked at him momentarily. I opened my mind slightly and saw a glimpse of something but didn't poke. "Have you got a kid?" I asked.

"What?" He looked at me in shock.

"Do you have any kids?"

"I-" He stared before finding his composure. "Who said that?"

"Bucky. Don't blame him though. He was trying to distract me." I explained. "Is it true?"

"Maybe. For now, focus on staying alive." He gestured back to Mom and I left him.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Nope."

Okay, you're good now lol. Continue reading as you please.

T'Challa started leading the Wakandans in a chant and I felt a shiver run down my spine. I opened my mind to the two aliens in front of us but quickly closed it. What I saw, I didn't have words for.

"Looks like you pissed her off," I said and Mom and Steve both looked at me. "Sorry."

I could see dog-like aliens running toward the dome, not caring as they seemingly killed themselves.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye spoke in disbelief. Finally, a few managed to break through the force field and I shuddered. I felt a wind on my face and sighed.

Last moment of peace before war.

I stayed quiet and watched as the tribes created shields from their cloaks, weapons at the ready.   A group of people started shooting at the dog aliens, but I had a feeling it would do little good to help. As they got closer, other people started shooting. Bruce in his Iron Man suit thing, Bucky with his gun, and Mom with hers. Sam and Rhodey flew overhead taking out who they could as quickly as possible.

"Chloe, can you do anything?" Steve asked and I relented. I didn't want to, but if they were sentient, I might be able to control them.

I looked for one and dug through its mind. It was almost unbearable, but I did it. I turned it against its kind and it started attacking the other dog aliens, however, it was killed soon after.

"You see the teeth on those things?" Sam asked as he flew.

"All right, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey dropped a line of bombs on the edge of the dome killing the aliens right there but I could tell it wouldn't do much.

I watched as the dog-like creatures started moving around the dome. "They're going around," I announced.

"Cap, if these things circle around the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision," Bruce agreed.

"Then we better keep them in front of us." Steve said.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked T'Challa.

"We open the barrier." I looked at the King in shock.

Open the thing keeping the mostly out? Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm starting to wonder if keeping Vision alive is really worth all this.

Okay, that sounded really bad.

"On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen," T'Challa commanded. "On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda." The man in fur and armor said.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history," Okoye told him.

I said a silent prayer in French and prayed for everyone to come out alive. I then let out a string of curse words in French, causing not only Mom to look at me but also Bucky.

T'Challa said something in the same language as the man had before and the line of shields left. He walked forward a few steps before stopping.

I took a deep breath before pulling shadows from around me. I felt a buzz of power run through me, and it was comforting. I was ready.

I'd be okay.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa yelled.

Here we go.