Always Been You, Sen [Grimmjow]

I first met Sen when she was just a little girl and I was just a Hollow. I had been scouting the World of the Living looking for souls or humans with spiritual pressure to lessen my hunger. The closest person with a high amount of pressure came from a park and I rushed towards it, mouth watering. The park was empty, except for a little girl playing on the swing set. She then jumped off, sailing through the air, her dark red curly hair flapping in the wind behind her, before landing on two small feet. She giggled and clapped her hands before turning to look at me.

I growled and broke into a run, bearing down on her. The young girl's reaction startled me. She smiled brightly throwing open her arms. "Kitty!" she exclaimed. I dug my front paws into the ground, sliding to a halt before knocking the girl off her feet. Instead, the child wrapped both small arms around my neck in a hug.

I had no idea why I stopped. I could've easily killed her without any screaming. But I didn't. Maybe it was because she smiled at me? Maybe it was because I had been taken off guard? Maybe it was because she could see me and wasn't afraid?

The young girl pulled back from the hug so she could look right at my face. "Hi!" she exclaimed. "My name is Sen! What's yours?"

"Grimmjow... Jeagerjaques," I answered. It was quiet for a few minutes before I asked, "What are you doing in this deserted park?"

I don't know why I asked. It wasn't like I cared, I just didn't know what else to say to a human girl who thought I was a pet. Great...

"Oh, daddy's away on business again, and mommy's always working in the city," she answered, pulling back. "I don't like my babysitter so I left her and came to the park. No one really goes here though."

"Why?"

"Because people have disappeared from here before," she said with a smile.

"And you still came here?"

She nodded and said, "Yup! It's nice and quiet! And people always look at me funny if I go somewhere else."

"Why is that?"

Her nose wrinkled in frustration. I had to admit she looked cute doing that. "Because of people I can see, people like you."

"Me?"

"Yeah! Big things wearing white masks and people in black robes."

Soul Reapers...

"No one else can see them, and the others at school think I'm crazy. But I'm not!" Her smile came back. "It's okay though because I have plenty of friends even if others can't see them. Will you be my new friend?"

That took me back. She could see Hollows, but wanted to become friends with them. It was a wonder how she had not been killed before our meeting.

"Uh... sure..." I finally answered. Her smile grew bigger. I then asked, "So why do people call you crazy? There are plenty of others who can see Hollows."

"Hollows?"

"That's what I am."

"Oh, okay. But kids from school call me crazy because some girl overheard our teacher talking with my parents, saying I should be sent to a place called... an..." She thought about the word for a minute before saying, "In-sti-tute."

"For?"

"For crazy people. I don't want to go. I don't know what they're going to do." She looked uneasy now, almost scared.

"How old are you?"

"Six!" she exclaimed happily.

Six, and her parents thought she was insane. They wanted to send her to a place so she could no longer see Hollows. I looked at her reiatsu very carefully. It was strong, very strong. If they tried to stop her from seeing Hollows that power would disappear.