Take Over Control [Grimmjow]

Mao sighed loudly, staring up at the teacher bored. She wasn't the only one feeling the effects of the long Monday morning, wanting nothing more than to escape the walls that closed them off from a beautiful autumn day. Eyes lazily rolling to the side they made eye contact with the carrot top sitting in the next desk beside her. Smirking at the obvious kill-me-now look she was giving him, Mao snickered lightly before rolling her eyes and turning back to the board. At least her friends were back in school. Their long absence made the days seem longer, though Keigo, Mizuiro, and Tatsuki had stuck around they agreed things weren't the same unless everyone was present. But unlike those three, Mao knew the real reason to their leave.

Arrancars. They had been causing a bit of trouble in the last few months in Karakura Town. Being a part of Aizen's army in Hueco Mundo it was no surprise. She had been spared so far from the battles, yet declared she could take care of herself if in a fight. Ichigo was skeptical. Even Soul Reapers were no match for them sometimes. Sensing pressure, ability to pinpoint Hollows, and the power to see them along with Soul Reapers was about as far as the girl's powers went. But that didn't mean she was not skilled at fighting. Her grandfather had owned a dojo and taught her himself in the art of self-defense, fighting hand-to-hand combat, and dodging. Though the only time her friends saw that side of her was unless someone, for example, thugs, threatened her or someone she cared for. But they were human, not powerful beings with supernatural strength and unique abilities.

The student shifted in her seat, feeling uneasy. Something unwelcoming was in the area. She waited to hear Ichigo's soul pager go off that was attached to his hip. Yet it seemed to not have picked up on it. Looking around slowly to not draw attention, no one else was as on edge like she was. Shrugging her shoulders, Mao brushed it off figuring it was a lower Hollow.

It was getting closer, figuring the pager to go off at any moment. Nothing. There was a flash of light outside the window, a spike in reiatsu. Everyone who could sense it tensed up from the sudden burst, wondering where it was coming from. It weighed down on their shoulders as it grew closer. Mao's head whipped up, watching as the bright blue light from before came barreling towards their classroom window. Following its aim, she realized it was heading straight for Ichigo. But it didn't matter if the target was only him. The size of the attack would create a blast so large it could destroy the whole classroom.

Without hesitating, the student stood, chair falling back to the floor from the force. It drew everyone's attention to the loud noise, watching as Mao turned towards the blast, standing in front of Ichigo, arms out stretched.

"Mao, no!" he yelled.

The teacher, Ms. Ochi, opened her mouth to yell at the students for interrupting the lecture and to return to their seats, but the windows creaked and groaned. The explosion completely ripped the window frames to shreds, catapulting those sitting near into the air. Screams erupted from the classroom, the building shaking from the force as everyone inside stopped what they were doing.

The smoke was suffocating, coughs racking their bodies as students crawled their way out of the demolished room. Orihime had managed to erect a barrier to protect Chad, Uryuu, and Tatsuki since they were closer, quickly pulling it away before anyone noticed. Keigo and Mizuiro were dazed, lying underneath the desks and chairs that had toppled over each other and trying to figure out what had happened. Ichigo shoved a desk off of his body, righting himself up before looking around wildly. "Mao? Mao!"

"I-I'm, alright," her voice came. The cloud began to clear, revealing the girl still standing in the same position. She was trying to figure out how her body hadn't been ripped apart by the attack, yet the clothing was charred and torn from the embers and flying items, while soot covered her body from head to toe, hair in disarray.