Love of Soccer [Ichigo Kurosaki] for Lynx91

Name: Akina Tsukiko
Age: 19
Looks: Long ginger hair, baby blue eyes, light skin, athletic build, curvy body.

Race: Human with healing abilities (though didn't learn to control it, but when she gets hurt it automatically starts to heal her).

Extra: She lives with her mother and big brother Rei, who is the only one that knows about her powers, and usually covers it up for her when something out of ordinary happens. She really likes animals. Moved to Karakura town a bit after the Winter Showdown was over, so everyone has grown up. She's Ichigo's neighbor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akina raced down the field, legs pumping, heart pounding. Sweat dripped down her face, the loose strands of hair stuck against hot skin. A shout came from a few feet away before the teen's foot snapped out, an object smacking against the side of the foot. The teen kicked it down the field, eyes set on target, aware of the opponent hot on her tail. A teammate slid in to kick away the soccer ball, but Akina hooked it off the ground with a foot. The ball sailed through the air before she too was airborne, jumping over the player, who went under. Both hit the ground and Akina was running again before passing it to the right side of the field. The ball was kicked violently through the air, easily landing in the goal. A whistle blew, all of the girls' running over their coach.

"Hit the showers!" the coach for the boys' team declared as they too rounded up. Ichigo wiped the sweat from his brow, removing his goalie gloves. Karin was sitting on some bleachers, looking around aimlessly without a care in the world.

"How long have you been here, Karin?" he breathed before taking a drink of water.

"About an hour," the sister answered. Her eyes landed on the girls' team. "She's good."

Ichigo looked up, following Karin's eyes. "Which one?"

"Number 9."

His eyes honed in on Akina. "That's Akina Tsukiko. She's the star player on that team. Her house is next door to ours." Hoisting the duffle bag full of equipment on his shoulder, the older brother spoke over a shoulder, "Maybe you should introduce yourself to her? She's looking for students."

Karakura University was home to the best soccer team in the country. The boys' winning state five years in a row, the girls being undefeated since the team had been established ten years before. Akina was the Captain and star of the soccer team, having won awards left and right through the season. She was only a Sophomore, which was an accomplishment for someone her age. The young woman was planning on going pro upon graduating. Ichigo had come to Karakura University to study in the school's medical program. He joined the soccer team because it was a sport he enjoyed playing.

"Aramaki! Watch yourself in the left midfield," the girls' coach stated. "We don't want there to be a gap unless we're playing field move: Dojo. Got it?"

"Yes, coach!" the girl answered.

"Tsukiko! Nice jump. Keep it up, stay aware, and we might be able to scare Tokyo University in three weeks and go on to Nationals."

"You got it, coach!" Akina saluted.

"In the showers, all of you! And I'll see you at practice tomorrow!"

Akina grabbed her soccer ball, tossing it back and forth between her fingertips, making small talk with some other teammates. When she grabbed her bag and turned to head for the locker room, Karin stepped in front of the college student. "Hi."