Nearly At Heaven [Ichigo Kurosaki] for Rukia Kuchiki

Inspiration: Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop being so reckless!" his voice yelled into the earpiece.

"Oh, shut it, Kurosaki! As if this is entirely my fault!"

"You provoked it!"

"It attacked me!" Her eyes caught the blur of his running form. "Now if you don't mind, I'm trying to focus on driving!"

Steering the wheels sharply to the right, the older teen took the ramp and pulled the motorcycle onto the bridge. Weaving in and out of traffic the pressure of the Hollow was still on her tail, but so was the Soul Reaper, who came up along side. "Why haven't you killed it?"

"It keeps disappearing and reappearing. This one is not normal!"

"Good to know."

Swerving out of the way of the oncoming attack a car honked in her direction as Ichigo pulled away to meet the creature. This was getting dangerous. They needed to lure this thing away from the public to deal with it. Obviously, the thing was smart, not a normal mindless Hollow.

The earpiece crackled. "Jun, watch out-!"

The hit came in from behind to the back of the head, causing the human to blackout. Body slumping against the front it veered off course. The motorcycle crashed into the guardrail before catapulting both over the edge and through the air. "JUN!"

They slammed into the water below, but even that impact wasn't enough to revive the teen. It was quiet beneath the stillness of the dark water. Floating. But the peacefulness was broken when something broke the surface. Ichigo's hand ripped away the helmet and pulled Jun close. They needed air. Dragging them to the bank he ignored the commotion coming from the bridge where civilians looked down at the river wondering what had happened. Sirens could be heard in the distance, but that could do nothing for the Soul Reaper right now.

Three deep gashes had ripped open the back of the neck, spilling blood everywhere. Forcing the water from the girl's lungs, Ichigo lifted her off the ground effortlessly. He needed Orihime.

Urahara was surprised, seeing the Soul Reaper barrel through the front doors, ordering for a gate to be opened. There wasn't much time to stop and ask questions, Jun's skin growing paler, lips turning blue. Their only hope was Orihime, who was visiting the Soul Society for training.

The gate opened, causing many heads to turn in wonder at who was arriving. But Ichigo didn't stop, rushing along the rooftops till he reached the Fourth Division. Walking swiftly inside he shouted for his friend, who instantly appeared with the Captain. The human was rushed into the back and Ichigo was left waiting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was blurry when Jun came to, unable to move from the stiffness in the neck and shoulders. But she could just make out the orange hair was laid on the mattress beside her. "Ichigo..." He barely shifted. "Strawberry, wake up."

His head shot up instantly, eyes wide at seeing the girl awake. "Are you okay? Do I need to get Orihime? Does anything hurt?"

Jun cocked a brow. "Calm down and tell me what happened."

The Hollow had the ability to split itself in two, and when Ichigo was locked with one half of it, the other separated and attacked. "I had no idea... this is all my fault. I'm sorry."

"I honestly couldn't care less since I'm still alive. But you do owe me a new bike."

Ichigo chuckled, head shaking. "Only you would be worried about a hunk of metal over your own wellbeing."

"That 'metal' was my baby. So yes, I care about it."

His lips pressed against hers gently. "I'll make it up to you."

Jun smiled. "Damn right you will."