Snowfall [Toshiro] for shugoxrutoxpotterxfan

Name: Hoshi Kudo

Age: A little younger than Toshiro

Race: Shinigami (Third Seat of Ninth Squad)

Looks: Shoulder length, orange hair that's jaggedly cut, blue eyes, stands an inch shorter than Toshiro

Personality: Can be loud at times, bubbly personality, fun to be around

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toshiro!" a little girl's voice rang out. The boy turned around and watched as a girl with orange hair and blue eyes ran towards him, waving.

"Hoshi, what are you doing?" Toshiro asked.

The girl shrugged, giving Toshiro a big smile. "Nothing, what are you doing?"

"Going to get Jelly Beans for Granny and me."

"I'll come with you!" They walked down the road together, side-by-side. "How's you're Granny doing anyway?"

"She's getting thinner," Toshiro said sadly.

"Cheer up! She'll get better in no time, I know it!"

The boy couldn't help but grin. That's the best thing about Hoshi, her smile. It's intoxicating. They came to the store and Toshiro approached the counter, while Hoshi stood off to the side, admiring a black butterfly. "Here's your change," the owner said.

Toshiro put out his hand, but the owner hesitated before dropping it onto the counter, and turned away. Toshiro froze, trying to make it look like it wasn't a big deal as he picked up the change. This happened often. Suddenly something shot through the air, slamming into the owner's back. He cried out in surprise, and came crashing to the ground.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" Hoshi yelled, standing on top of the counter, hands on her hips. She glared at the cowering owner. "Why can't you give Toshiro change like a normal customer? What's the matter, does he have cooties?"

"Why you-!"

"She's right, you know," a voice came from behind, cutting off the man. Toshiro turned to get a face full of breast, before bouncing off them and crashing into the floor. A young busty woman in a black kimono stood in front of them, zanpakuto strapped to her side with orange hair. "Why are you treating this boy so differently? What's your problem?"

"I-I-I'm sorry, miss," the owner stammered. Hoshi huffed, jumping off the counter. She scooped up the Jelly Beans as the woman picked up Toshiro by the back of his shirt.

"Are you okay?" the woman asked. "Stop crying."

"I'm not crying!" Toshiro exclaimed, holding his hurting head. He slapped the woman's hand away, grabbed Hoshi by the arm and they ran away.

"Hey, wait-!" the woman called, but they were already gone.

"You know I think that woman wanted to speak with you," Hoshi said when they were halfway home.

Toshiro shrugged in annoyance. "What do I care?"

"Suit yourself!" Hoshi said, popping a Jelly Bean in her mouth. "See you later! I'll be sure to bring watermelon over tomorrow from my garden!"

Toshiro's ears perked up at the sound of watermelon. "I'm looking forward to it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------