Make Me Feel [Ulquiorra] for RaccoonTeeth

In the rain, you can't feel anything. Not your aching limbs, or the cries of protest in your bones, or any emotion really. It just washes it all away. The street was only filled with a few people, trying to escape the downpour, but that didn't matter. No one could see me. To be dead was a blessing and a curse. Without proper help I would bleed out before making it back. If I ever did, that is. Somehow, the Soul Reapers had been waiting for us, knowing of our plan before it could be executed. They didn't even wait till we reached the target. The other Arrancars were taken out effortlessly, all having been lower ranks because it was supposed to be an easy mission, myself being the one to give them experience on the field. I had to defend against eight of them, which is nothing short of miracle that I survived. Though I didn't manage to kill them all, only stall. But it was enough for me to get away from the situation and try to regroup.

Slumping against a wall I tried very hard to stay standing so I could possibly find some aid. But it was miles away out in a field, away from civilization. I liked it that way, the loneliness, the quiet. Today it was proving to be my downfall. Never staying in one place for long I didn't want to attract attention, so I moved about and never got too close to those around me. How could I? My fascination with the Spiritual Realm was the problem, and it was only fate that I had met him. For some reason he liked the small fighting skills I possessed, and the large amount of spiritual pressure I had in order to cling to the World of the Living in a gigai and not go to the Soul Society or Hueco Mundo. I was offered a position in their army as a scout and trained under the Arrancars. Then the missions started flowing in, and I was caught in a whirlwind of battles between the sides, killing many targets. It never bothered me, what side I fought on, as long as I was needed somewhere. Though they disliked the constant, and sudden urges for moving I possessed, having to track me down every time. I couldn't open gargantas', or travel between the Worlds alone. Always needing assistance; that held me back.

It was getting difficult to breathe, my pressure having dropped so low no one would be able to detect it. Everything in my vision was growing blurry, going in and out of focus, causing me to stumble repeatedly. I couldn't say I enjoyed this feeling, as death slowly took a hold of me, sucking the life out of my body at a slow pace. It could've been kinder and just ended it quickly so I didn't have to suffer. Everything was so numb that I didn't realize my legs gave in till I found myself looking at the world with a new height. Everything was a haze.

I wasn't going to make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warmth. That was the first thing I felt when regaining my senses. The aching feeling was back, but not as brutal as it had been before. Something heavy was resting on my body, constricted to that position alone. Groaning, my eyes fluttered open, noticing a soft orange glow in the dark area. My room. How I had gotten here I did not know, but I was lying on my bed, under a mountain of sheets, and my head propped up on a ghost-white body.

"You're awake."

Even though there was no emotion behind the statement it relaxed me to know that he was there, trying to help. My skin that was visible was wrapped in thick white bandages, some spots of blood having seeped through.

"You were careless," he continued.

"There was a leak," I croaked out. "They were waiting..."

"That's no excuse. A fighter must always be ready for anything."

"It didn't matter... We were out numbered and matched. Those were ranked officers. My force wasn't even close to their level."

"Trash like them are unneeded if they can't properly fight and defend themselves. Then what good would they be to Lord Aizen?"

"That's just mean. They were people."

"They were trash."

"Only to you," I sighed.

An arm wrapped a little tighter around my waist, while the other hand played with a strand of hair. "Don't do that again."

"Were you worried?" The silence made me smile, knowing the answer. "Thank you for saving me."

"It wasn't easy... You were hard to find."

I pressed my lips against his chest, fingers brushing the skin. Still, it meant that I was important to him, since he went out of his way to save my life.

"No more missions for you for a while," he stated. "And from now on you are to only come with me."

"Is that an order from you or Aizen?"

Tilting my head up with his hand, I starred into his deep green eyes, black hair framing his angular face nicely. "From me," he spoke with authority firmly placing his lips on mine. His arms were possessively holding me to him, touch careful of the bandages he wrapped me up with. It was breathtaking as always, his displays of affection few and far between. But when they did present themselves I was always blown away by the urgency and need he had for me. Being wanted was a nice feeling.

Ulquiorra made me feel.