One of Many [Grimmjow] for XxdreamergirlxX

Grimmjow didn't know why he kept coming back for more. It really annoyed the Espada that he would be brought to this level, having to come to the World of the Living because he couldn't stay away for long. There were times when he was lying in bed in Las Noches, after just waking up from his slumber, and told himself he was not going to visit the World of the Living today. However, he would find himself getting up, legs dragging him out the door and into a self-made garganta.

The Espada cursed as he leaned up against a streetlight pole next to a bus stop. A few minutes later the area was occupied by a teenage girl and boy, both talking to each other about something Grimmjow didn't care about. They completely ignored his presence, not noticing he was even there. The bus was coming their way and he straightened up, hands stuffed into his pockets. He walked past the driver, not paying as the door shut behind him.

Talking. That's what reached his ears as the man's eyes lazily looked around the bus. He got kicks from messing with the passengers on board. The harassment stretched from light touches here and there, to hair tugging, to knocking something over. The Espada got a kick from seeing their reactions. Most of the time the girls' screamed in fright, making him laugh. He liked the power of being able to get away with anything.

Grimmjow's eyes landed on a girl, sitting by herself next to a window. Thin-rimmed glasses sat on the bridge of her nose, in front of her dazed, brown eyes. She had feather extensions in her hair; browns, reds, and oranges decorating the light brown locks that were pulled into a loose bun. Some stray pieces cascaded over her shoulders, framing her face nicely.

She was his next target.

He sat down in the seat beside her lazily, waiting for the right moment to startle the human. The man grinned at the thought of tugging at the feathers. He found them strange looking, odd. As Grimmjow finally decided to reach for one of them, a voice stopped him,

"You're annoying."

He froze, wondering who had spoken. Looking around, everyone was lost in different conversations, the girl he was sitting with the only one not. She turned to face him, staring directly into his piercing blue eyes. "Why do you do it?"

Grimmjow grinned, leaning back in the seat and letting his hand drop. "So, you can see me, huh?" he asked. "Guess it's my unlucky day."

The older teen rolled her eyes. "You've been coming on this bus every day for the last three months terrorizing everyone on here. You must have a reason."

Grimmjow cocked an eyebrow in interest. "Have you been watching me the whole time?"

She nodded in response. "I know no one else can see you, but I've always been sensitive to the unseen."

Grimmjow was intrigued by this human.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Grimmjow, I swear if you try and pull one of my feathers again I will personally throw you to the ground," she warned, glaring.

It had been a month since their first, conversational, meeting, and Grimmjow would somehow find her, no matter where she went. He still liked to tease the older teen by trying to tug at the feathers, which got on her nerves. The Espada found it oddly attractive when the human got irritated, meaning she was paying attention to him.

Grimmjow shrugged in response. "Then don't wear them, Ester," he pointed out, in a matter of fact voice, clasping his hands behind his head.

Ester sighed in frustration, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I told you, I wear them because it's different, and I like different... unlike you..." she muttered the last part. "You're just going to have to deal with it."

He rolled his eyes in response. "What are you doing today?"

"Unlike you, I have to run some errands. I don't have time for your antics." She sped up her walking, leaving Grimmjow in the dust.

The man grinned at her retreating form. She had spunk, and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Grimmjow loved that about the nineteen-year-old. He got thinking about Ester and her wellbeing. Him being around her was dangerous. Heck, Grimmjow was surprised Aizen hadn't found out somehow and sent an Espada, or even a Hollow to kill her off. The Lord didn't want anything distracting his army.

But Grimmjow couldn't help himself. She was a drug to him, always wanting more. He wanted more from Ester than jut their mindless talking and small bickering. He wanted her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

One night, Grimmjow slipping in through Ester's opened window, looking around. He was in her bedroom, the light from the living room glowing. He walked into the hall, finding the teen sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a book. Glasses sat on the bridge of the girl's nose, eyes traveling over the lines of text, lost in thought. It took Ester five minutes before she looked up, finding the Espada staring at her.

She sighed, "Grimmjow, what are you doing here? It's late... In fact, you never visit this late. What's up?"

He strode across the room, hands shoved into his pockets. The man flopped to the ground in front of the couch, back pressed against it. "What? Can't I come and see you whenever I want?" Grimmjow questioned. He looked up at Ester from the corner of his eyes, daring her to say otherwise.

A soft expression crossed Ester's face, a small smile gracing her lips. "Of course you can, but a little warning would be nice next time." The soft, tenderness in her voice caused the Espada's heart to beat faster. Damn, he was going soft. What would the other Espadas' and Arrancars' say to that? He'd be the laughing stock of Hueco Mundo. But Grimmjow didn't care.

Grimmjow sighed loudly, looking away. "Just finish your damn book."

Ester snickered. "That would be kind of hard since I have over two-hundred pages left, and it's already eleven," she answered, turning her attention back to where she left off.

The book was plucked out of her hands a second later, being replaced with Grimmjow's face. She pouted. God, how Grimmjow thought she looked so hot in that moment. "Grimmjow, give me back my book."

"I'm bored," he stated.

"Not my problem," she answered, reaching for it. The man held it farther away. "You're the one who told me to keep reading, remember?"

"Well, I lied. I don't want you reading anymore." He tossed the closed book somewhere on the floor.

"And why is that?" Ester asked, realizing she was not getting it back without getting up. Grimmjow had practically trapped her in place. He grinned at the question. She had walked right into it. Ester didn't like the look in his eyes, nor the expression on his face. "You're up to something..." she stated. "And I don't think I'm going to like it..."

Grimmjow chuckled, moving in closer to her face. "Believe me, you'll like it," he muttered.

"Promise?" Ester questioned softly, seeing how close he was getting.

"You have my word," he answered back lowly before stealing a kiss. One of many.