Happy Holidays [IchigoxOrihime] for LovelyKiss606

"How did I get roped into this?" Ichigo grumbled, pulling on a hat.

"Well, Miss. Osaka said it was because we didn't make any cakes or sweets to donate to the bake sale," Orihime said in a matter-of-fact voice. "Though I could've sworn I made a one with rice bean frosting and jam, but for some reason it disappeared."

While the girl was thinking of the possible ways it magically vanished, Ichigo thought back on the day she brought it in. Everyone cringed when Orihime told them what it was and the minute she left with Chizuru for lunch Tatsuki snatched the cake and ran to the opposite side of the school to dispose of it.

"That wasn't very nice," Ichigo had said to her.

"You want to pay for it when no one buys it?" Tatsuki shot back.

Ichigo came back to the present, shivering at the thought of having to buy the cake and possibly eat it. He looked down at Orihime from the corner of his eyes, watching her get their till box ready. Though the teen was a very close friend of Ichigo's she was a terrible cook. Whenever she made some type of food to share with everyone, he just couldn't refuse her because Ichigo didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Okay!" Orihime exclaimed, startling him from his thoughts. "We're ready for business!"

"Remind me again why we have to wear this outfits," Ichigo grumbled, fidgeting with his hat.

Orihime was dressed in a Santa Claus outfit, minus the beard, while Ichigo was dressed in an elf costume. "Because it's almost Christmas," she answered excitedly.

"Why did I have to be the elf though?"

"Because the jacket wouldn't fit me." Ichigo's cheeks turned red at the comment, and turned away. Meaning, the jacket wouldn't fit around her chest.

Families came up to their booth, buying cakes and Christmas goodies left and right. Orihime left around midday to purchase hot chocolate from a café down the street. Upon returning she found Ichigo scowling. "I'm back!" Orihime sang. The teen's head whipped towards Orihime, taking the cup of hot chocolate between his mitten hands.

"Thanks," he said, taking a sip.

"Ichigo, do you hate Christmas?"

That comment startled Ichigo, making him spit up the drink. "Why would you say that?"

"You're scowling more than usual."

"It's because of these damn outfits."

Orihime laughed at the face he made. "Well, I think they look perfect for the season." She gave her best guy friend an eye-closing smile before turning to a customer.

A light snow started up around two in the afternoon, giving the air a more holiday like quality. As Ichigo was restocking some bags of cookies a child's cry echoed through the air. "Aw, what's wrong, little boy?" he heard Orihime ask. His head popped over the makeshift counter, finding the crying boy in front of Orihime. She had crouched down his height to comfort him.

"I can't find my mommy," he sobbed.

"There, there," Orihime spoke, bushing some snow out of his hair. "How about you stay here with us until your mommy comes back?"

"Okay," he sniffled.

"Ichigo!" she called, and he stood upright. "We have a new little helper."

"Shouldn't we try and find his mom?" he asked.

"If they got separated around this area, I think we should stay here incase she comes back."

Ichigo sighed, adjusting the hat back into place. Orihime rummaged through some boxes behind her before fishing out another elf hat. The boy's face lit up with a smile as he pulled it over his head. "What's your name?" Orihime asked.

"Kogi," he answered.

"I'm Orihime, and this is Ichigo."

"Why is he so angry?"

The girl laughed. "Oh, he always looks like that!"

The teen grumbled under his breath, wrapping up a package before handing it off to a woman.

Kogi and Orihime greeted customers with smiles, Ichigo being teased by his classmate to smile at least once. She even reached over, hooking her fingers in the corners of his mouth and pulled up his lips in a smile. Kogi laughed wildly.

Eventually, the child's mom came to their booth, catching up her son in a hug. She thanked Orihime and Ichigo profusely for finding him. As a Christmas gift and a thank you for Kogi's help at the stand, Orihime gave them a cake and some cookies to take home.

"And we're done!" the teen exclaimed when the last cake left their stand. "Wow! I can't believe we sold them all!"

"I just can't wait to get out of this costume," Ichigo grumbled, starting to pack up.

Orihime grabbed something from her bag, catching Ichigo around the neck and pulling him towards her. "Smile!" she yelled as the flash went off. Orihime then laughed, releasing her friend.

Ichigo blushed to no end, looking away.

Once the stand was taken down and carried back to the school, the two changed in the gym locker rooms. They then put away their costumes as well. "That was fun," Orihime exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "I would say that we should do that next year, but with us being seniors now there is no next year."

"Yeah..." Ichigo mumbled. He then looked down at Orihime from the corner of his eyes. "What are you doing for dinner tonight?"

"Hmm..." she mused, thinking. "Well, Tatsuki and her family have gone to a relatives house for Christmas Eve... nothing I guess."

Ichigo looked away, rubbing the back of his head. A darker blush was creeping up his already pink cheeks. "Well, cause, if you're not doing anything... then I was wondering if you... if you wanted to come over my house then."

Orihime looked over at Ichigo, seeing his embarrassment. She gave him a big smile, answering, "That sounds great!" He breathed a sigh of relief, giving her a small smile. The girl reached over, taking his hand in hers. "You know, even if you didn't have a fun time today at the booth, I was happy that you were doing it with me."

Ichigo gripped Orihime's hand back. "Me too. I did have fun, even if I didn't show it."

Orihime smiled as he slowly bent down and kissed the girl on the lips, softly. "Merry Christmas, Orihime," Ichigo whispered from their barely parted position.

"Merry Christmas, Ichigo," the girl whispered back.

Ichigo's smile grew, pulling Orihime down the street with him to his house for dinner.