Listening [Jushiro Ukitake] for Emobunny

Name: Aira Komamura

Age: 18

Zanpakuto: Its name is Uanuay. The hilt is white and grows in length about three centimeters changing crystal clear with blue-white vines in the middle going up the blade. The edge becomes serrated and can also control watery wind and vines. She can also heal, which can only be activated by unsheathing her zanpukto. It'll suddenly disappear in her hands causing Aira's hands to glow a light green mixed with a light blue.

Personality: Quiet, very sensitive, shy/timed too people, kind, loyal, proud, strong, and hard to anger She will protect her family and friend's no matter what even if it costs her life. The woman is even willing to give her food to homeless children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A baby cooed as Aira held him, giggling when she offered a smile. Rubbing their noses together, he cried out in joy. Another baby whined in the next bed wanting attention and the woman reached over tickling her belly.

"They're happy you came by today," Unohana said. Walking into the room, Aira bowed to the Captain.

"Are they well?"

"Perfectly healthy. Isane just finished running tests." The Soul Reaper placed the baby back in his crib. "What can I do for you-?"

"Captain!" Isane exclaimed, throwing open the door. "Squad Three just came in with injuries. You're needed in the ER."

"Coming. I'll be back, Aira."

"Take your time, Captain."

The woman looked down at the whining babies from the noise that had filled the room, speaking softly to them. Their restlessness calmed no longer on the edge of crying.

"You're good." Aira squeaked in surprise, whirling around to find the Captain of Squad Thirteen in the doorway. He smiled in greeting, walking closer.

"Hello, Captain Ukitake." The Soul Reaper bowed.

"No need to be so formal, Miss. Aira. We are not in the presence of others. How many times must I remind you to please treat me as a friend."

She flushed. "I apologize."

"Your father thought you well to respect those above you, but between you and me there are only few who really care about formalities."

He was speaking of Hitsugaya, Kuchiki, Yamamoto, Soi Fon, Kurotsuchi, and of course her father, Sajin Komamura. "Forgive me for asking, but what are you doing here in the Fourth Division?"

"I just finished a check up with the Third Officer."

"How have you been?"

"Much better lately. I have yet to have an attack in the last few months."

"I'm glad to hear that." Something tugged on the woman's sleeve, glancing down to see the baby boy had stood up, trying to gain her attention. Aira smiled, bending down and giving him an Eskimo kiss. "Don't worry, I know you're there." She kissed his forehead. "I'll see you at your next check up."

"Are you busy?" the man asked when she turned away.

"No. I'm actually on my way to lunch."

"May I walk with you?"

Aira blushed before nodding.

It was a beautiful day out as Soul Reapers' spilled into the streets on break. The woman smiled, waving to those she knew before they ducked inside a dango stand. Their conversation was pleasant, sharing laughs over stories and events. Both were halfway back to the Fourth Division when it began to rain. They rushed with haste, trying to cover their heads with little luck. It soon turned into a downpour and they were forced to take shelter under an awning.

"How long do you think this will last?" the Captain asked.

"A while based on those clouds," Aira said. Taking her hair between both hands she squeezed out the water. "But they came in so quickly I had no idea this was going to happen."

It was then that she suddenly realized just how close they were, shifting nervously. "We'll have to wait it out... Or make a run for our Divisions."

Aira's eyes widened. "You are not running back to your Division! It's on the other side of the Society and you could get sick!" The man blinked in surprise at the sudden outburst from the usually quiet young woman. Realizing this she instantly closed her mouth, utterly embarrassed. "S-Sorry."

"Don't be. It's nice to know that someone cares."

"Your Squad does."

He chuckled. "Besides them."

"You should come by the Division and be checked by the Captain again. Or at least to dry off and wear more appropriate clothing for this weather-"

Ukitake quickly kissed her, silencing her from saying anything else. "You're so talkative all of a sudden."

"I-I'm sorry," she squeaked.

His head shook. "Don't be, I like listening to you speak." He gave her a peck on the forehead, grinning. "You're an interesting woman, Aira."

The Soul Reaper grinned.